How to Calculate Profit on Selling Price?

• Thread starter Amith2006
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculation
In summary, the question is asking for the percentage of profit on the selling price of an article, given that a profit of 25% is made on the cost price. The variables used are CP for cost price and SP for selling price. The equation used is P = SP - CP, where P represents profit. To solve the problem, algebra can be used or real numbers can be substituted for the variables.
Amith2006

Homework Statement

A PROFIT OF 25 is MADE on THE COST PRICE OF an ARTICLE. WHAT is THE PROFIT  on THE SELLING price of the ARTICLE?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I think Something is wrong with the question. could Someone Understand the question? A profit is made on C.P. That must BE the selling price. Now, what DO mean by profit  on S.P?

Physics news on Phys.org
the squares represent PERCENTILE.

Ok, CP=cost price, SP=selling price. Hence, profit P=SP-CP, right? You are given that P is 25% of CP, I think. Then I believe they are asking what percentage is P of SP. Did I get that right? I'm not an expert at finance. Then do the algebra. If it gets confusing just make up some real numbers that fit the assumptions and do it with them.

got ur point. thanx.

What is the calculation of profit?

The calculation of profit is a financial analysis method used to determine the amount of money a company has earned after deducting all expenses from its total revenue. It is important for businesses to calculate their profits in order to assess their financial health and make informed decisions.

What is the formula for calculating profit?

The formula for calculating profit is: Profit = Total Revenue - Total Expenses. This means that profit is equal to the total amount of money a company has made minus all the costs incurred in generating that revenue.

Why is calculating profit important?

Calculating profit is important for several reasons. It helps businesses track their financial performance, make strategic decisions, and determine the success of their operations. It also allows companies to compare their profits with previous periods or with their competitors, providing valuable insights into their standing in the market.

What are the different types of profit?

The different types of profit include gross profit, operating profit, and net profit. Gross profit is the amount of money left after deducting the cost of goods sold from total revenue. Operating profit is the profit generated from a company's core business operations. Net profit is the final amount of profit after all expenses, including taxes, have been deducted.

How can a company increase its profits?

A company can increase its profits by increasing its revenue, decreasing its expenses, or a combination of both. This can be achieved through various strategies such as increasing sales, reducing costs, and improving efficiency. Other factors that can impact profits include pricing strategies, market demand, and competition.