So I have some hot pink underwear

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hot
In summary: I? I can't think of anything.But, my parents have a red car. :!!)I think the reason red cars cost more to insure is that they are considered more sporty. So, if you are buying a red car, you are more likely to drive it like a hot rod, hence, more likely to get into an accident.I can't believe I've been contributing to a thread about men's underwear. :yuck:Okay, my final thought on this (I hope) is to suggest that you just wash them with the reds and avoid anything that might be bleach. I don't know what to suggest for a detergent, but I usually use All Free & Clear because
mattmns
As the thread title suggests, I have some "hot pink" undies: they're closer to red... really :blushing:

Anyway, I am a little worried about washing them. The tag says to wash them on Hot, which is fine, but I'm not sure what other clothes to put in the washer with them. My concern is that the underwear will bleed and I'll be left with hot pink (I mean red) mixed in with some of my other clothes :yuck: So all of you laundry experts out there, what do you suggest here?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I just wash on cold.

I don't have any stains to wash out (usually) and it doesn't take much to just get off some body sweat. Especially if you add detergent.

Two words: but why? (to the color, not the washing)

mattmns said:
As the thread title suggests, I have some "hot pink" undies: they're closer to red... really :blushing:

Anyway, I am a little worried about washing them. The tag says to wash them on Hot, which is fine, but I'm not sure what other clothes to put in the washer with them. My concern is that the underwear will bleed and I'll be left with hot pink (I mean red) mixed in with some of my other clothes :yuck: So all of you laundry experts out there, what do you suggest here?

Thanks!

I'd wash them on hot like it says and with 1 white cotton sock or dish cloth or rag you didn't care about. If the other piece comes out white, then likely you don't have to worry about them again.

mattmns said:
A My concern is that the underwear will bleed and I'll be left with hot pink (I mean red) mixed in with some of my other clothes :yuck:
The standard technique is to pick a bunch of your man's white shirts that fit, include those = free pink shirts!

I thought he was a man.

mattmns said:
As the thread title suggests, I have some "hot pink" undies: they're closer to red

...wut...

WarPhalange said:
I thought he was a man.

Maybe he is. Where can we get pink male underwear?

mattmns said:

Um - wash your red underwear separately in hot water and see if the red colour bleeds. If so, then wash in cold. If not, wash them in warm.

Usually one only washes whites and greys in hot water.

I have red underwear as well, and white, grey, blue, black, but not green, yellow or orange.

I think you should ask the girlfriend who bought them for you to help figure out how to wash them (or put them in the wash with her red and pink clothes). :uhh: At least I'm guessing there was a girlfriend involved in this purchase. I don't know too many men who choose hot pink undies for themselves. :biggrin:

They can probably go in a warm rather than hot wash with other dark clothes...dark blue jeans, red shirts, etc.

mattmns said:

Thanks!

They'll probably bleed for several washings.

When I was in basic military training, our squadron T-shirts were orange. The laundry guy for one of the flights had to decide between washing the orange with white underwear or green fatigues (or he could have washed them separately, but who would have ever thought of that?)

Interestingly, washing orange T-shirts will turn white underwear pink. Very interesting effect for a bunch of guys in boot camp.

Astronuc said:
I have red underwear as well, and white, grey, blue, black, but not green, yellow or orange.

I could have gone the rest of my life happily not knowing that.

What about buying a few pairs of white to replace them? Seems like a solution.

ephedyn said:
What about buying a few pairs of white to replace them? Seems like a solution.

That's only a solution if it was a mistake to buy them in some multipack where he didn't see there was a hot pink pair hidden in the middle. If they are a gift from a girlfriend, he better not replace them with whites. :biggrin:

Seriously, just treat them as one would any other brightly colored article of clothing or towel, etc., and wash them with other dark/bright colors until you're sure they've been washed so many times the color won't run off.

By the way, a big hint that they might run would be if you have a pink butt after wearing them. :biggrin: I've had some clothes that weren't colorfast, and ended up with red or blue body parts from wearing them. :bugeye: (Usually really dark blue jeans or cheap shirts.)

Do some people have problem with his underwear color?

Moonbear does, she's famous for it.

Why don't you just wash them with all your other reds?

tribdog said:
Moonbear does, she's famous for it.
?
She's famous for having a problem with mattmns underwear?
How many times has this come up?

DaveC426913 said:
Why don't you just wash them with all your other reds?
How many men wear red? I don't even own anything red, come to think of it.

Evo said:
How many men wear red? I don't even own anything red, come to think of it.
I have a dozen shirts, Ts, plaid undies, etc. in the red range (salmon, peach, orange, red, brown). It doesn't make a full load, but close enough that it's not a waste of a cycle.

Red is an awesomely manly colour.

And yes, I'm man enough to wear salmon and peach. :grumpy:

DaveC426913 said:
And yes, I'm man enough to wear salmon and peach. :grumpy:
A manly man. :biggrin:

Wow, I'm surprised that you know there is a difference!

Red plaid is considered very rugged, the Brawny paper towel guy wears a red plaid shirt.

Evo said:
Wow, I'm surprised that you know there is a difference!
I'm an ahhtist. :wink:

You'd think my wife would appreciate a hubby who knows the difference. Unfortunately, all she sees is someone that has an opinion on what colour to paint the living room...

I had to google for "red underwear". I think it looks pretty bright!

I thought brown was the only real colour for underwear.

What is the difference between salmon and peach? :confused: aren't they just red? Isn't that description adequate?

Kurdt said:

What is the difference between salmon and peach? :confused: aren't they just red? Isn't that description adequate?
Salmon's more pinky, peach is more orangey (I think).

Kurdt said:

http://only2cats.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C72A6B59400F237A!250.entry"
:biggrin:
"ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is."

Last edited by a moderator:
cristo said:
Salmon's more pinky, peach is more orangey (I think).

Salmon is a deep tint; peach is a light pastel.

rootX said:
I had to google for "red underwear". I think it looks pretty bright!

:rofl: Really? You couldn't just imagine it?

My hubby has a rainbow of undies (if he ever reads that I'm posting about his underwear - sorry sweetie!). There's a whole world out there beyond "tidy whities"!

Rainbow undies sound worse than my brown ones (brown of course is created when black underwear are washed lots, and for some reason makes women giggle a lot).

DaveC426913 said:
Red is an awesomely manly colour.

YEAH! Red, like blood.

lisab said:
There's a whole world out there beyond "tidy whities"!
Geesh. How can any grown man wear tighties?

Kurdt said:
Rainbow undies sound worse than my brown ones (brown of course is created when black underwear are washed lots, and for some reason makes women giggle a lot).
And just exactly how many women have been giggling at your underwear? <raises eyebrow>

Wow, I was just thinking, I haven't seen a man wearing underwear since before colors came out. Seeing a man without underwear doesn't count. <cough>

since before color came out? wow. How long ago was it that the world was black and white?

Evo said:
And just exactly how many women have been giggling at your underwear? <raises eyebrow>

Oh too many to count. :uhh: