Science Fiction Trivia Contest

In summary, the author of the series of novels written under the pseudonym of Paul French, was not French and the book's hero was a robot who passed an impossible test.
Ok no new guesses so here is two clues. One for the movie I'm after and one for the movie produced because of the movie I'm looking for.

Twins, one has a projector.

Proper animal husbandry for a large cow.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmmmm, not a clue. Your first and second clues led me to think of something like the Return to Oz, thus, the Wizard of Oz. No help from the third set.

Next Clue:

Both movies are contemporaries of Star Wars.

Next Clue:

The prof of concept is sci fi and fantasy, the resulting movie is an epic fantasy.

Next Clue:

Blue Oyster Cult Vengeance (The Pact) in reference to a movie. The film style might help sketch out some details.

Next Clue:

A Scanner Darkly. Think on style.

Ok since no one can seem to figure this out I'll help by clarifying any of my clues, or answer any questions. You just need to ask.

Ok looks like I've stumped everyone, or this game is dead. So here is the answer.

The Movie was Wizards by Ralph Bakshi

The answer to the clues.

This refers to the movie that was made as a result of the movie I'm after. Monarch butterfly, a lion, and a pair of slippers.

The movie referenced was The Lord of the Rings. Bakshi used extensive rotoscoping in Wizards to help work out the kinks/technical aspects of the process. It would be used extensively in The lord of the rings. The Monarch butterfly, lion, slipper reference was to the interpretation of the Balrog in the movie. It looked like a lion with monarch butterfly wings, wearing over sized slippers.

Twins, one has a projector.

Proper animal husbandry for a large cow

The first one has to do with the movie Wizards. It would be a spoiler to exactly explain it, but trust me on this one.

The second one is a critical review slightly obscured to prevent googling. The exact criticism was that Gandalf couldn't sit still, or keep down the grand gestures. It looked as if he were milking the giant cow.

Blue Oyster Cult Vengeance (The Pact) in reference to a movie. The film style might help sketch out some details.

This one was after the final story in the 1981 version of Heavy Metal. It was to get on the tract of rotoscoping.

Since this is Ivan's game I'd like a ruling from him if I should come up with a new trivia piece, or is the floor open.

Argentum Vulpes said:
Ok looks like I've stumped everyone, or this game is dead. So here is the answer.

The Movie was Wizards by Ralph Bakshi

I almost gave that answer, but it would have been mostly a guess, as I never actually saw the film.