Who Will Inherit Your Legacy? Can You Trust Your Transportation?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the importance of preparing for one's posthumous legacy and the different interpretations of "prepare" in this context. The participants mention the need to prepare both emotionally and financially for their eventual death and how it affects their loved ones. The conversation also touches on the topic of anticipating and arranging for one's heirs to avoid any burden after their passing.

What needs to be prepared most for death?

• One's body

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One's estate

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • One's memory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One's family

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • One's spirit

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Loren Booda
Which posthumous legacy is most important to prepare for?

Physics news on Phys.org
You mean we get to choose?

Edit: The poll wasn't there when I posted heehee

Last edited:
I don't quite understand what you mean by prepared. In order to prepare my family for my death, I also need to prepare my estate, currently valued at $1.50, in order so they are not unduly burdened after I'm gone. These are the only two things that matter to me.

Evo said:
I don't quite understand what you mean by prepared. In order to prepare my family for my death, I also need to prepare my estate, currently valued at $1.50, in order so they are not unduly burdened after I'm gone. These are the only two things that matter to me.

I guess "prepare" here has two meanings. One would be "anticipate"; the other, "put in order." Our heirs anticipate that they will be first in order.

We have a place to stay. We just don't have a ride.

1. Who will inherit my legacy?

The answer to this question depends on your personal choices and decisions. If you have a will or estate plan in place, your legacy will be inherited by the individuals or organizations you have specified as beneficiaries. If you do not have a will, your legacy will be distributed according to state laws.

2. Can I trust my transportation to the intended recipient?

If you have designated a specific person to inherit your transportation, it is important to trust that they will honor your wishes. However, it is always a good idea to have a backup plan in case the intended recipient is unable to take possession of the transportation.

3. What happens if I do not have a will or estate plan?

If you do not have a will or estate plan, your transportation will be distributed according to state laws. This may not align with your wishes and could result in legal disputes among potential heirs. It is recommended to create a will or estate plan to ensure your legacy and assets are distributed according to your wishes.

4. How can I ensure my transportation is taken care of after I am gone?

One way to ensure your transportation is taken care of after you are gone is to include specific instructions in your will or estate plan. This can include designating a specific person to inherit the transportation, setting aside funds for maintenance and repairs, or selling the transportation and including the proceeds in your estate.

5. What is the best way to leave a transportation legacy?

The best way to leave a transportation legacy is to plan ahead and be clear about your wishes. This can include creating a will or estate plan, designating a specific beneficiary, and communicating your wishes to your loved ones. It is also important to regularly update your plans as circumstances change.