Upcoming Workshops in Theoretical Particle Physics and Mathematical Physics

In summary, Patrick suggests checking out Conference Service's website for a comprehensive list of upcoming workshops, as well as the German research institute AEI's list of upcoming events.
nrqed
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Hi,

Can someone suggest good sites to find a fairly comprehensive list of upcoming workshops (meaning for the rest of 2010) in all areas of theoretical particle physics or mathematical physics (especially quantum gravity related stuff but I am interested in other fields as well)? I might be able to get some funds to attend one and I would like to see what is out there.

Thanks in advance

Patrick

Physics news on Phys.org
If you would like more to look at, here is a list of handy QG links that gets updated every 2 or 3 months:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=2707406#post2707406

Among a lot of other stuff, it lists a few past conferences and also some scheduled for this summer.

Several of the posts that follow that one, in the same thread, mention QG-related conferences that I learned about more recently.

As I see it, one of the factors is where are you? What is your home base? Are you looking primarily at Usa workshops? Or North America? Or Europe? Or Asia or South America? There are workshops scheduled for all over the map.

Another good thing to check is a list of upcoming workshops and other meetings which is maintained by the German research institute AEI, near Berlin. That list typically has links to the announcements and websites of 12-20 upcoming meetings.
http://hyperspace.aei.mpg.de/category/Conferences/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you to both of you. Your references are very useful.
Yes, I should have mentioned the area I can cover, which is basically the easter half of Canada and the USA. Unfortunately (ans as expected), it is too late to register to most of the 2010 workshops. I might try to go visit Perimeter or Penn State. I know some people there and hopefully if I don't cost them a penny, they will be willing to have me around for a few days.

Thanks again!

Patrick

1. What topics will be covered in the upcoming workshops?

The topics covered in the workshops will vary depending on the specific workshop. However, they will be related to the field of science and may include topics such as research methods, data analysis, and specific scientific techniques or technologies.

2. Will there be hands-on activities or demonstrations in the workshops?

Many of the workshops will include hands-on activities or demonstrations to provide practical experience and enhance learning. However, this may vary depending on the specific workshop and its intended audience.

3. How can I register for the upcoming workshops?

You can register for the workshops through our website or by contacting the organizer directly. Registration details will be provided closer to the date of the workshop.

4. Are the workshops open to everyone or only certain individuals?

The workshops are open to anyone who is interested in the topic and has a basic understanding of science. However, some workshops may have specific prerequisites or may be more suitable for certain levels of experience.

5. Will there be any opportunities for networking or collaboration in the workshops?

Yes, the workshops provide a great opportunity to network and collaborate with other scientists and researchers who share similar interests. There may also be dedicated networking sessions or group activities during the workshops.