A possible view of curved space/time?

• Thread starter juju
  • Start date
  • Tags
    space/time
In summary, This conversation explores the idea that space/time might not be really curved, and that the idea of curvature is an artifact of the mathematics of GR used to describe gravity. The theory developed in this conversation is that space/time is based on spin fields rising from both a scaler and a vector field, and that it can incorporate all the forces we know of today.
juju
Hi all,

Is this a valid view of space/time curvature.

The path of an object under influence of a force has a curved trajectory in inertial space/time. Therefore, the inertial axes appear curved to an observer traveling on the curved trajectory. In the same way, an observer in a gravitational field will perceive the inertial axes to be curved.

Thanx

juju

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Hi all,

I noticed an interesting idea about GR.

If you plot the time for an observer in any point in space on the time axis of time from the big bang, you get a picture of space curved in the negative direction of time.

This also gives expansion of the gravitational space/time with respect to time from the big bang.

If you add expansion to space itself you can get accelerated expansion.

The formation of black holes will anchor the singularity in time creating more expansion.

juju

In the first part, you have to unless an absolute k is established and then here you go and reflect how that negative in time appears simple.

Hi Taoist,

Yes, but isn't this how things will appear to an observer in that portion of space/time that has undergone the least relative gravitational time dilation. (relative to a flat space observer)

juju

Hi Juju,
this "the inertial axes appear curved to an observer traveling on the curved trajectory" contradicts

"A" will see the rod as shorter in regards to a traveling "B" but if observing "B" within its velocity with no longer see the effect

hey taoist,

I see no contradiction. The world line of the accelerating observer is curved in inertial space/time, so to the observer it is the inertial axes that appear curved.

The shortened distance requirements just appear at every point in the trajectory at the instantaeous velocity.

juju

JuJu,
a delima of product use especially when the black whole established a point adding the new demenision.

what is your objective?

T

hey taoist,

I have no point. Just a temporary fleeting point of view. Just like to share the look.

juju

Juju,

I enjoy your depth and thought maybe you we working on something specific

T

hey taoist,

My view is that space/time is not really curved. That the idea of curvature is an artifact of the mathematics of GR used to describe gravity.

It's not that GR is wrong. But the idea that space/time is really curved may be wrong.

I believe that this idea arose because the general structure of the gavitational field was unknown and is still unkown. So space/time curvature was employed as a substitute.

I am working on a concept that uses spin fields rising from both a scaler and a vector field and defined on the vector field.

I will probably not get to the specific math that eventually must be associated with this, but I think it can incorporate all the forces we know of today.

juju

Remember that if you post your private theory here, it will be moved to theory development.

selfAdjoint said:
Remember that if you post your private theory here, it will be moved to theory development.

Hey dude,

All I did was give a non-standard view of GR and answer a question about where it came from.

What's the hassle.

juju.

Hello JuJu,

THeory development is where I belong. I just completed Mother Earth's Dynamo Theory and sent it up for review/ I would enjoy your comments and other's. Sure would like the books rewritten to offer the next generation a proper view.

selfadjoint are you administering this thread? and where do I find "theory development"

Thanx

Theory Development is https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12, It's a subforum of General Physics.

Hey juju any chance you can draw me a picture ?

I understand views better if I can see them form the same point as the initial viewer

cheers

Hi Ringo Kid,

Here's the visualization I used in my head.

Consider a time axis with its origin at the big bang. Then have the space axis perpendicular to this. Place each space point on an axis parallel to the time axis. Make the time passed since the big bang for each point in space be the time that would have been measured by an observer at that point since the big bang, with all the time dilation factors

This produced some very interesting speculations.

I also did a similar mapping using radial time axes for each point in space. This was even weirder.

juju

1. What is curved space/time?

Curved space/time is a concept in physics that describes the curvature of space and time due to the presence of massive objects. According to Einstein's theory of general relativity, objects with mass can cause a distortion in the fabric of space and time, creating a curved path for objects traveling through it.

2. How does curved space/time affect our daily lives?

Curved space/time has a very small effect on our daily lives, as we are not usually dealing with objects of massive size. However, it is essential for understanding the behavior of planets, stars, and galaxies in the universe. It also plays a crucial role in technologies such as GPS, which uses the concept of space/time curvature to accurately determine location.

3. Can we observe curved space/time?

Yes, we can indirectly observe the effects of curved space/time through the phenomenon of gravitational lensing. This is when light from distant objects is bent around a massive object, such as a galaxy, due to the curvature of space/time. This effect was first observed and confirmed during a solar eclipse in 1919.

4. Is curved space/time a proven concept?

Yes, curved space/time is a well-established concept in physics and has been confirmed by numerous experiments and observations. Einstein's theory of general relativity, which describes the concept, has been extensively tested and has been shown to accurately predict the behavior of objects in the universe.

5. How does curved space/time relate to the Big Bang theory?

The Big Bang theory describes the origin and evolution of the universe. According to this theory, the universe began as a singularity, a point of infinite density and curvature in space/time. As the universe expanded, space/time also expanded and became less curved. This concept is essential for understanding the evolution of the universe and the formation of galaxies and other structures within it.