Why is Everything Pink? Just Curious

• Thread starter GeorginaS
  • Start date
In summary, Georgina voted for Cy to turn pink, but was concerned about the color clash with her hair. Evo commented that it's the Cyrus curse. Lacy squawked about wanting pink, and the thread that started it all. Finally, the song-writer in me wants to be pink instead of orange.
Pink? What on Earth are you folks going on about? o:)

Physics news on Phys.org
Gokul43201 said:
Pink? What on Earth are you folks going on about? o:)

Hey!

Was it all a dream :confused:?

Well it was a beautiful dream. Thanks Greg.

Please consider a membership level program.
For 5.00 you can be brown. And we will send you a copy of "The Rockettes on an Off Day" In this cd you can watch all the Rockttes on a bad hair day with PMS. All dancers are bloated, cranky and scratching at their fellow dancers in rehersal.

For 14.00 you be orange. No adds, ability to go invisible so you can sneek and troll around.

For 36.00 you can be PINK :!) Be happy. Be strong. Be outwardly lovinging and caring.

{Squawk}

testing

Meh, that one's been busted.
turbo-1 said:
Nothing rhymes with orange.
Syringe
Doorhinge
Lozenge

I want my pink color back!:cry:

I suppose that the brilliant shade of pink made it more expensive to keep the lights on here. :wink:

dav2008 said:
testing

Did we pass?

GeorginaS said:
I suppose that the brilliant shade of pink made it more expensive to keep the lights on here. :wink:
Limited time only. Must have been an Aerosmith tribute. The royalties alone must have been killer, not to mention the bandwidth.

Last edited by a moderator:
It took 25 minutes to figure out how to get that silly rabbit in the small box! :frown:

Last edited:
back to orange i see...

We're gold not orange!:biggrin:

The pink as so much prettier!

Evo said:
The pink as so much prettier!
And so much "pinker".

"It's like red but not quite."

And here I thought we were being forced to "celebrate" breast cancer awareness month a month or two late... so I wasn't going to bring it up.

But I liked the pink too. I'm somewhat tired of "bleeding orange" (but don't tell my employer that).

(Though I really see the gold as "mustard" not orange, at least on my two most commonly used screens.)

I have a secret, I was the first to learn who did it, and I am not telling. You can to continue to dog pile, but I will not cave. I know who did it, but not why.

Hehe...

Rhody...

I don't know who did it, but I'll remember it's all Cyrus' fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stand corrected by Evo's link. I guess that it was just wishful thinking upon my part that the flippered one was the target of the pink attack. I totally forgot that it was Cyrus.

I knew something fishy was behind this pinky vote! Sadly, I missed seeing you people in pink... God ******! It was less than two days of absence. URGHHH! :grumpy:

drizzle said:
I knew something fishy was behind this pinky vote! Sadly, I missed seeing you people in pink... God ******! It was less than two days of absence. URGHHH! :grumpy:

Yeah, that's not fair since we saw you in pink !:tongue:

<h2>1. Why is everything pink?</h2><p>The color pink is a combination of red and white, and is associated with love, femininity, and tenderness. However, the reason why everything may appear pink could be due to a phenomenon known as color constancy. This is when our brain automatically adjusts the color of an object based on the surrounding colors and lighting.</p><h2>2. Is pink a natural color?</h2><p>Yes, pink is a natural color that can be found in nature. For example, some flowers, such as roses and peonies, naturally have pink petals. Additionally, some animals, like flamingos and certain types of fish, have pink coloring due to their diet or the presence of pigments in their skin.</p><h2>3. Why do some people dislike the color pink?</h2><p>Individuals may have personal preferences or associations with the color pink that may make them dislike it. Additionally, some cultures may have different meanings and associations with pink, which can also influence someone's perception of the color.</p><h2>4. Can the color pink affect our mood?</h2><p>Research has shown that colors can have an impact on our mood and emotions. Pink is often associated with feelings of calmness, happiness, and love. However, the effect of color on mood can vary from person to person and can also be influenced by personal experiences and cultural associations.</p><h2>5. Does the color pink have any cultural significance?</h2><p>Yes, the color pink can have different meanings and associations in different cultures. For example, in Western cultures, pink is often associated with femininity, while in some Asian cultures, it can represent marriage and happiness. Additionally, the color pink has been used in various social and political movements, such as the pink ribbon for breast cancer awareness.</p>

1. Why is everything pink?

The color pink is a combination of red and white, and is associated with love, femininity, and tenderness. However, the reason why everything may appear pink could be due to a phenomenon known as color constancy. This is when our brain automatically adjusts the color of an object based on the surrounding colors and lighting.

2. Is pink a natural color?

Yes, pink is a natural color that can be found in nature. For example, some flowers, such as roses and peonies, naturally have pink petals. Additionally, some animals, like flamingos and certain types of fish, have pink coloring due to their diet or the presence of pigments in their skin.

3. Why do some people dislike the color pink?

Individuals may have personal preferences or associations with the color pink that may make them dislike it. Additionally, some cultures may have different meanings and associations with pink, which can also influence someone's perception of the color.

4. Can the color pink affect our mood?

Research has shown that colors can have an impact on our mood and emotions. Pink is often associated with feelings of calmness, happiness, and love. However, the effect of color on mood can vary from person to person and can also be influenced by personal experiences and cultural associations.

5. Does the color pink have any cultural significance?

Yes, the color pink can have different meanings and associations in different cultures. For example, in Western cultures, pink is often associated with femininity, while in some Asian cultures, it can represent marriage and happiness. Additionally, the color pink has been used in various social and political movements, such as the pink ribbon for breast cancer awareness.