Good Online Programming Contest(C/C++)

• C/C++
  • Thread starter poolwin2001
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Programming
In summary, IARCS has announced a new online programming competition for school students with the aim of providing practice for those interested in excelling in the Informatics Olympiad. The competition is conducted once a month and features a board game problem. The International Olympiad of Informatics, which takes place once a year, was held in Athens this year and features challenging problems that require strong algorithmic skills.
poolwin2001
IARCS announces a new online programming competition for school students. The aim of the competition is to provide practice for students aspiring to excel in the Informatics Olympiad.

http://www.iarcs.org.in/inoi/programming-contest.php

Check this out ,its cool.
But it is conducted only once in a month :cry:

Technology news on Phys.org
Cool! I'll try the board game problem if I have time. It's quite often once a month, anyway. International olympiads in informatics are conducted once a year. This year it was in Athens. CHeck http://www.ioi2004.orgInternational Olympiad of Informatics, in Athens, by the way. It has nice problems, though I didn't find algorithms for any of them. I'm good at programming, but not as good in producing smart algorithms.

Last edited:

Thank you for sharing this information about the IARCS online programming competition for school students. It is great to see organizations providing opportunities for students to practice and excel in their programming skills. The fact that it focuses on preparing students for the Informatics Olympiad is also commendable.

However, it is unfortunate that the competition is only conducted once a month. This may limit the number of students who are able to participate and may also make it difficult for students to consistently practice and improve their skills. It would be beneficial if the competition could be held more frequently to allow for more students to participate and benefit from this opportunity.

Overall, I think this is a great initiative and I would encourage all interested students to take part in this competition and use it as a platform to enhance their programming skills. Thank you again for sharing this with us.

1. What is a "Good Online Programming Contest"?

A "Good Online Programming Contest" is an online competition where participants are given a set of programming challenges to solve using the C or C++ programming language. These challenges often involve writing efficient and error-free code to solve real-world problems.

2. How can I participate in a "Good Online Programming Contest"?

To participate in a "Good Online Programming Contest", you usually need to register on the contest website and create a user account. Once registered, you can access the list of challenges and submit your solutions online.

3. What are the benefits of participating in a "Good Online Programming Contest"?

Participating in a "Good Online Programming Contest" can improve your coding skills, problem-solving abilities, and time management. It also allows you to compete with other programmers from around the world and potentially win prizes or recognition.

4. Can I participate in a "Good Online Programming Contest" if I am a beginner in C/C++?

Yes, you can participate in a "Good Online Programming Contest" even if you are a beginner in C/C++. These contests often have challenges for different levels of expertise and can be a great way to improve your skills and learn from more experienced programmers.

5. What resources can I use to prepare for a "Good Online Programming Contest"?

There are many resources available to help you prepare for a "Good Online Programming Contest", including practice challenges and tutorials on coding platforms, online forums and communities for programmers, and coding books and courses. It is also helpful to have a good understanding of the C/C++ language and its syntax.