Killing the Poor: The Pros and Cons of Poverty Reduction

• Thread starter chound
  • Start date
In summary: I the only one that has noticed this?:cry:In summary, every forum wants to raise the number of threads above inanity line. If we killed the inane threads in our forums all the people would be happy. This could be used for spam and trolls also.
chound
Every country wants to raise the number of people above poverty line.
If we killed the poor people in our countries all the people would be rich.
This could be used for overpopulation also.
What do u all say?

Physics news on Phys.org
:cry: ... or we could kill the rich and distribute the wealth to the poor and as such eliminate poverty (with fewer lost lives)... unfortunately trivial solutions don't work in social problems, they just generate new ones (and in this case a new group of people belonging to the very same old categories) ... :yuck:

Who defines poor? Why should financial success make you any more qualified to live than the man in poverty? Does lack of worldly goods mean you are some how not fit to live?

I say Kill anybody who wants to kill entire populations of people.

Yes,there's one aspect which should not be avoided:eek:verpopulation appears only in countries with very many poor people...It's not logical...However,i think it's a manifestation of culture.They're used to having 8-15 children...:yuck:

Killing is not an option.China has done the good thing...Their problem is that the # of families is so big,that even 1 kid /family would generate overpopulation.:tongue2:

Daniel.

Integral said:
I say Kill anybody who wants to kill entire populations of people.

what say chound :devil:

dextercioby said:
Yes,there's one aspect which should not be avoided:eek:verpopulation appears only in countries with very many poor people...It's not logical...However,i think it's a manifestation of culture.They're used to having 8-15 children...:yuck:

Killing is not an option.China has done the good thing...Their problem is that the # of families is so big,that even 1 kid /family would generate overpopulation.:tongue2:

Daniel.

Not really. China has a habit of winding up with many dead baby daughters in favor of baby sons. As a result, in about 20 years there will be a serious shortage of women, and more importantly, a huge drop in population growth--which is the whole point.

dextercioby said:

Daniel.
I've been wanting to ask this for a long time: Why don't you put spaces after punctuation? Just curious.

honestrosewater said:
I've been wanting to ask this for a long time: Why don't you put spaces after punctuation? Just curious.

Does it matter? For me, Dex appears to be a very helpful member in this forum. So as long as he helps, punctuation is no problem..

Anyway: Another question on poverty: why do the 3rd world own debts to the first world, when it was the europeans, (i.e. the first world now) who invaded asia and africa to slaughter millions and to steal all of their resources..?

Bladibla said:
Does it matter? For me, Dex appears to be a very helpful member in this forum. So as long as he helps, punctuation is no problem...
I wasn't complaining, and, as I said, I'm just curious.

honestrosewater said:

Used to writing in tex,where i cannot do that.Is it really relevant...?I doubt it.And i don't know whether I'm the only one (doing this) or not...

And i don't care... :tongue2:

Daniel.

P.S.You see,i leave spaces for the brackets.The brackets would "stick" to the letters and it would look ugly... :yuck:

Post P.S.Curiosity satisfied...?I guess you'll be able 2 sleep much better tonite...:tongue2:

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Used to writing in tex,where i cannot do that.Is it really relevant...?I doubt it.And i don't know whether I'm the only one (doing this) or not...

And i don't care... :tongue2:

Daniel.

P.S.You see,i leave spaces for the brackets.The brackets would "stick" to the letters and it would look ugly... :yuck:
Okay- I was just asking.

Edit: It's just not something I see often. I was just wondering if you did it for some particular reason. Yes, I can die contented now.

Last edited:
I suspect chound made a ghastly typo, or a few. I think he meant to say:
Every forum wants to raise the number of threads above inanity line.
If we killed the inane threads in our forums all the people would be happy.
This could be used for spam and trolls also.
What do u all say?

If my suspicions are correct, then I wholeheartedly agree.

Genocide & punctuation. Will anyone mind that I close this topic?

1. What are the main arguments for and against poverty reduction?

The main argument for poverty reduction is that it can improve the overall well-being and quality of life for those living in poverty. This can be achieved through increased access to education, healthcare, and job opportunities. On the other hand, some argue that poverty reduction can create a dependency on aid and discourage individuals from striving for self-sufficiency.

2. How does poverty reduction impact the economy?

Poverty reduction can have both positive and negative impacts on the economy. On one hand, reducing poverty can lead to increased consumer spending and economic growth. It can also decrease income inequality and promote social stability. However, poverty reduction programs can also strain government resources and potentially lead to increased taxes.

3. Are there any unintended consequences of poverty reduction?

Yes, there can be unintended consequences of poverty reduction. For example, reducing poverty may result in a decrease in the availability of cheap labor, which can negatively impact certain industries. It can also lead to the displacement of local businesses and a loss of cultural identity in some communities.

4. What are some effective strategies for poverty reduction?

Some effective strategies for poverty reduction include investing in education and skills training, promoting economic growth and job creation, implementing social safety nets, and providing access to basic necessities such as food, clean water, and healthcare. It is also important to involve and empower the local community in the decision-making process.

5. How can we measure the success of poverty reduction efforts?

The success of poverty reduction efforts can be measured through various indicators, such as changes in income and employment rates, improvements in education and health outcomes, and a reduction in the poverty rate. It is also important to consider the long-term sustainability of these efforts and the impact on the overall well-being of individuals and communities.