Cost of Capacitive sensor and Tachogenerator

• Thread starter cyeokpeng
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sensor
In summary, the conversation discusses the market price and potential use of capacitive sensors and tachometers in a project. The speaker asks for recommendations and clarifies their purpose for each device.
cyeokpeng
Hi,

Anyone knows the market price for capacitive sensor and tachogenerator? I just want to know how cheap such devices can get, so that I can make a decision on whether I should include these extra features in my project, considering the total project cost.

Sorry for this weird question.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Why does it have to be capacitive? Most sensors of this type are inductive or hall effect. Try: www.dakotadigital.com Let me know if this is what you are after.

Capacitive sensors to sense the water level in a tank.

Tachometer to measure the angular velocity of the driving motors, so that I can apply feedback control on the speed o the motors.

1. What factors affect the cost of a capacitive sensor?

The cost of a capacitive sensor can vary depending on several factors such as the material used, the complexity of the design, and the sensitivity of the sensor. Additionally, the production volume and the brand name of the manufacturer can also impact the cost.

2. How does the cost of a tachogenerator compare to that of a capacitive sensor?

The cost of a tachogenerator is typically higher than a capacitive sensor due to the more complex design and additional components required for its operation. However, the exact cost difference can vary depending on the specific models and manufacturers.

3. Is it possible to reduce the cost of a capacitive sensor without sacrificing quality?

Yes, there are several ways to reduce the cost of a capacitive sensor without compromising on its quality. This can include using alternative materials, simplifying the design, and optimizing the production process.

4. How does the cost of a capacitive sensor and tachogenerator impact their accuracy and reliability?

In general, a higher cost does not necessarily equate to better accuracy and reliability. Both capacitive sensors and tachogenerators can be designed and manufactured to meet specific accuracy and reliability requirements at varying costs. It is important to consider the specifications and certifications of the sensors rather than solely relying on their cost.

5. Can the cost of a capacitive sensor or tachogenerator change over time?

Yes, the cost of these sensors can change over time due to various factors such as advancements in technology, changes in materials and manufacturing processes, and market demand. It is important to regularly review and compare different options to ensure the most cost-effective solution is chosen.