Disney World PF Gathering and Tips for Disney Mania!

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: This couscous and tagine restaurant is quite popular and usually has a long wait. Try coming at night when it’s less crowded.9. Yacht Club at the Epcot resort – This club has a beautiful view of the fireworks show at Epcot. However, this is a “resort” so it’s quite pricey. You may be able to get in if you call the club in advance and ask if there are any openings.10. The Living Seas – Usually there are long lines for this aquarium, but it’s worth the wait. You get to see all kinds of neat fish and amphibians.
Today was truly a magical day.

We started off with the Keys to the Magic Kingdom tour. This is the behind the scene tour of the Magic Kingdom where we get to see the "backstage" area reserved only to castmembers, learn a bunch of Disney Trivia, and get to know a lot more of the Disney culture and mission. Even for "jaded" Disney visitors like me, it was truly a special event. We even get a nice pin in the shape of key to signify that we took the tour.

This is certainly something long-time visitors to the park may want to take. However, new visitor should not. One should experience the "magic" and illusion of what they offer first. Seeing what's backstage may ruin such illusion.

Tonight, we went to see La Nouba again. There are some minor changes to the show since the last time we saw it last year. But it is still as terrific as ever (standing ovation at the end). I strongly recommend this. Picture 1 is the view outside of the La Nouba theater facing the House of Blues.

We stayed very late last night at the Magic Kingdom. As Disney resort guest members, we were given 2 extra hours of fun at the Magic Kingdom last night after it closes. So we stayed until 1:00 am! Got on the Teacups (Picture 2). Before that, we watched the SpectroMagic Parade TWICE (Picture 3), and saw Wishes right by the cinderella's castle. It was a very satisfying day.

Tomorrow we will go back to the Animal Kingdom, and later in the afternoon, jump back to Epcot to meet up even more friends who have just flew in for the weekend.

Zz.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
ZapperZ said:
Got on the Teacups (Picture 2).
Those things move around, right? So what's holding them up? I can't see anything attached to them, or any slots in the floor for guide rails or anything.

It bothers me that I can't figure out the workings of something made by a mouse.

Danger said:
Those things move around, right? So what's holding them up? I can't see anything attached to them, or any slots in the floor for guide rails or anything.

It bothers me that I can't figure out the workings of something made by a mouse.
The "floor" that they are on is a platform that rotates. So the whole tea set rotates, like on a lazy susan. Then, each individual teacup can also rotate...the people in the teacup control that spinning with a wheel in the center. It's a wondefully dizzying experience! Teacups is a wild ride! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
The "floor" that they are on is a platform that rotates.
Thanks. I thought that the floor was stationary. :redface:

OK, just a couple more pictures before we go off to Animal Kingdom.

I hate to admit it (giggle), but I do love the Country Bears Jamboree at the Magic Kingdom. So here's a picture of the finale (Picture 1).

Picture 2 is the start of Wishes. It is the 2nd most spectacular night time show you must see (after Illuminations). The music just can't compete with the gorgeous music that accompanies Illuminations, but the fireworks certainly out of this world.

Zz.

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
The "floor" that they are on is a platform that rotates. So the whole tea set rotates, like on a lazy susan. Then, each individual teacup can also rotate...the people in the teacup control that spinning with a wheel in the center. It's a wondefully dizzying experience! Teacups is a wild ride! :biggrin:
The only time I like that ride is when someone strong is spinning it incredibly fast and your head goes back, it hurts and you feel like yoy want to hurl :tongue: :wink:

yomamma said:
it hurts and you feel like yoy want to hurl :tongue: :wink:
You are a very strange kid.

I'm a fun kid. I love the rides that make you feel like that. once at six flags, I wated three hours to get on "X" because it was the most inverted roller coaster in the world

yomamma said:
The only time I like that ride is when someone strong is spinning it incredibly fast and your head goes back, it hurts and you feel like yoy want to hurl :tongue: :wink:
The teacups are deadly, I love spinning those things. :devil: The trick is to keep your head forward and tilted down.

Evo said:
The teacups are deadly, I love spinning those things. :devil: The trick is to keep your head forward and tilted down.
Yeah, that's so you puke in the bottom of the teacup and not on yourself or the person next to you. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Yeah, that's so you puke in the bottom of the teacup and not on yourself or the person next to you. :rofl:

Hey, if puking is what you want, then the teacups have NOTHING on Mission Space!

I rode it when it was opened only to castmembers and passholders. I haven't rode it since because 1 minute into it, I knew I was going to be in trouble. And I don't get motion sickness at all on roller coasters and even on the spinning Primeval Whirl! I managed to hold off for the remainder of the ride, but it took me several minutes afterwards to recover.

Since then, I heard that the periodically had to stop the ride because they had to... er... "clean up". Now, they have barf bags on that ride similar to the ones you get on airplanes.

Zz.

Today is our last full day at Disney World (sob). Most of the day will be spent at the Magic Kingdom (I'm determined to get onto the Dumbo ride even if it kills me). We plan on coming back to the hotel in the afternoon to rest up a bit. After that, dinner at Epcot, another look at Illuminations, and then the Disney/MGM private circuit party at 10:00 pm into the wee hours of the morning. Both The Tower of Terror and Rock n' Rollercoaster will be running non-stop for the partygoers, and a big dance floor will be under the big Sorcerer's Hat.

It has already been a memorable trip. Today will be the cherry on top.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Hey, if puking is what you want, then the teacups have NOTHING on Mission Space!

Um, no, puking rather ruins the fun and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think I might just need to skip Mission Space if it's that bad.

Have fun on your last day there! :biggrin:
So sorry the real world wants you back so soon. :frown:

I'm back at work (real world) and I miss Disney World already. :(

I'm tired and half asleep. But I had a TERRIFIC week at Disney World. Met many new people there - strangers we adopt along the way who have no clue on what to do, when to do, or why to do it. We even exchange e-mail with a few of them with promises to come back next year.

The highlight of the whole trip was... well... there were two highlights. First was of course, SOARIN'. This is a MUST attraction. It has replaced (at least for me), the #1 attraction at Epcot. No wonder it got just rave reviews from Disneyland. Thanks, Disneyland. It was a fair exchange with you getting the Tower of Terror.

The second was the Keys to the Magic Kingdom tour. This behind-the-scene tour was an eye-opener. It was very satisfying for us who have been here many times and thought we knew a lot of Walt and his dreams.

So now, we're making plans for Labor Day week. Anyone here joining us? :) I can say without hesitation that the larger the group, the bigger the fun.

Final pictures of the trip will be posted some time later, including the few special pins that I either bought, received, or traded.

Zz.

Aww...well, welcome back to the real world. But that's the sign of a great vacation, returning to work so tired that you could really use a vacation to get some rest. :rofl:

This is the last and final picture from the Disney World trip of Memorial Day week 2005. It was the last night private party at Disney/MGM Studios and shows the fireworks over the Sorcerer's Hat near midnight. It was a fun, fun evening. We rode Tower of Terror 5 times, Rock N' Roller Coaster twice, Star Tours once, and The Great Movie Ride once. We danced our butt off at two difference dance areas right by the Hat, and in the courtyard right in front of Rock N' Roller Coaster.

Everyone back home loved the golden Mickey ears hat we bought for them. I have tons and tons of Disney Pins to sort through and put them into my pin book. I also have three different shipments coming from Disney World that we had bought and had them ship directly home. Those would be arriving in the next 2 weeks or so.

Can't wait till September...

Zz.

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
Everyone back home loved the golden Mickey ears hat we bought for them.
Hmm...mine seem to be lost in the mail. :uhh: You did get me golden Mickey ears, didn't you? Huh? You didn't forget me, did you? :frown: Did you? :frown: :cry: You forgot me! :cry: :cry:

Moonbear said:
Hmm...mine seem to be lost in the mail. :uhh: You did get me golden Mickey ears, didn't you? Huh? You didn't forget me, did you? :frown: Did you? :frown: :cry: You forgot me! :cry: :cry:

Moonbie dear, consider it as an added incentive for you to go to Disney World with me this year before the Golden Celebration ends! :)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Moonbie dear, consider it as an added incentive for you to go to Disney World with me this year before the Golden Celebration ends! :)

Zz.

I want to, I really really want to! A week ago, I was all ready to start making reservations as soon as a date was set...and, well, you know why I can't right now. :cry: If no miracle comes my way and I can't make it next time you're there, I'll happily send you the money to buy me golden mouse ears and mail them to me. :smile:

Moonbear said:
I want to, I really really want to! A week ago, I was all ready to start making reservations as soon as a date was set...and, well, you know why I can't right now. :cry: If no miracle comes my way and I can't make it next time you're there, I'll happily send you the money to buy me golden mouse ears and mail them to me. :smile:

It's a deal. If you can't make it for Labor Day week, I'll reserve one for you.

Now aren't you glad that I'm not making you wrestle with an 11-year old the way Integral is making you to to get to that Disneyland gold mickey ears? :)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
It's a deal. If you can't make it for Labor Day week, I'll reserve one for you.

Now aren't you glad that I'm not making you wrestle with an 11-year old the way Integral is making you to to get to that Disneyland gold mickey ears? :)

Zz.
:biggrin: Deal! You just made my day! :smile: :!) Yep, glad I don't have to wrestle an 11-yr old, they can be pretty tough! :biggrin:

ppfft! eleven?! rriiigghht...sooo tough... :uhh:

One of the things I learned from the Keys to the Magic Kingdom guided tour was that the Florida park is the ONLY one named "Walt Disney World Resort", i.e. it has Walt's full name attached to it. Yet, Walt was not alive when The Magic Kindom at Disney World opened in 1971. Supposedly, Roy O. Disney (Walt's brother who help financed Disneyland) was coaxed out of retirement to head the company after Walt's death. He help supervised the completion of The Magic Kingdom, which was part of Walt's vision of the theme park complex. He insisted that the whole resort be named "Walt Disney World" because he did not want people to forget that it was entirely Walt's idea.

During the dedication ceremony, it was told that Roy mentioned that it was the happiest and saddest moment in his life. He was happy that Walt's vision has come to fruition, but it was also his saddest be he wished Walt could have been there to see it.

Roy O. Disney died 4 months later.

Zz.

Drat!

I just got this picture from my Disney newsletter, and it shows a GOLDEN DUMBO ride at Disneyland! They didn't have this at Disney World - it was your old regular dumbo.

Now I'm jealous of Integral and his trip to Disneyland... :(

Zz.

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
Drat!

I just got this picture from my Disney newsletter, and it shows a GOLDEN DUMBO ride at Disneyland! They didn't have this at Disney World - it was your old regular dumbo.

Zz.
Uh oh! You might have to make a trip to Disneyland! Gotta ride the Golden Dumbo ride with your golden mouse ears on! :biggrin:

The date for the next fun adventure to Walt Disney World is set. It will be Sept. 3rd till Sept. 11th, 2005.

There's a special rate at the Grosvenor Resort at Walt Disney World. The rate goes from $89.00 (weekend) to $69.00 (weekday), and stay 5 nights, get 1 night free! This hotel is within walking distance to Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island.

So, any PF'ers going to be joining us? :)

Zz.

Now that I ALREADY KNEW mickey mouse and his families WELL, but I don't think I will go to Disneyland even when the price gets more lower. True!

ZapperZ said:
Drat!

Zz.
Zz,
That golden Dumbo may indicate that it is an original car. That is what they did in Autotopia. (I am assuming that on a ride like the Dumbo ride that they have spare "cars" that can be changed in and out as required for safety and maintenance. ) If that is the case this gold one is one that was in place on the opening day in 1955.

I am still thinking about going to Disney World. The problem will be getting off from work, I have a few projects going that will probably prevent it. My best friend in Italy had also asked me to spend a week in Las Vegas with him in July, but that's out. :frown:

I can never schedule anything. :cry:

Evo said:
I am still thinking about going to Disney World. The problem will be getting off from work, I have a few projects going that will probably prevent it. My best friend in Italy had also asked me to spend a week in Las Vegas with him in July, but that's out. :frown:

I can never schedule anything. :cry:

OK, well, don't blame me for not inviting you. Besides, it could be your last chance at getting those golden mickey ears hat! :)

Zz.

Well, if things at work continue the way they have been, I will probably be unemployed by September, so I can hock my jewelry and spend the week in Disney World before I commit suicide.

Evo said:
Well, if things at work continue the way they have been, I will probably be unemployed by September, so I can hock my jewelry and spend the week in Disney World before I commit suicide.

Oh no. That will not do. I expect you to be coming back to Disney World every year, Evo! Addiction loves company. It will only be fun if you come back. Besides, I haven't introduced you to the "joy" of collecting Disney Pins! :)

Zz.

Evo, we can live in cardboard boxes on the FL beaches! There are far worse places to be homeless than FL. And since there's no thermostat to fight over in a cardboard box, we'll be good roomies. :biggrin: (Uh, yeah, it looks like the person whose lab I work in is moving out of the country, so I'm in the process of figuring out whether I'm also going to be homeless by September/October...it's no fun when life gets in the way of a Disney trip.)

Sure, get me hooked on collecting Disney pins once I'm destitute. :cry: I'll be standing on the street corner with my cardboard sign "need money for Disney pins".

Evo said:
Sure, get me hooked on collecting Disney pins once I'm destitute. :cry: I'll be standing on the street corner with my cardboard sign "need money for Disney pins".
That's okay, I'm already working on my sign, "Will Work For Disney Pins." :rofl:

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the Disney World PF Gathering?</h2><p>The Disney World PF Gathering is an annual event where fans of Disney and its theme parks come together to share their love for all things Disney. It is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people, make new friends, and enjoy the magic of Disney World.</p><h2>2. When and where does the Disney World PF Gathering take place?</h2><p>The Disney World PF Gathering usually takes place in the summer months, typically in July or August. The exact dates and location may vary from year to year, so it is best to stay updated through the official Disney World PF Gathering website or social media pages.</p><h2>3. How can I attend the Disney World PF Gathering?</h2><p>To attend the Disney World PF Gathering, you will need to purchase a ticket through the official website. Tickets usually go on sale a few months before the event and can sell out quickly, so it is important to plan ahead and secure your ticket early.</p><h2>4. What can I expect at the Disney World PF Gathering?</h2><p>The Disney World PF Gathering is a fun-filled event with a variety of activities such as panel discussions, meet and greets with Disney celebrities, workshops, and group outings to the theme parks. There will also be opportunities to purchase exclusive merchandise and participate in special events and contests.</p><h2>5. Do you have any tips for first-time attendees of the Disney World PF Gathering?</h2><p>Yes, here are a few tips to make the most out of your experience at the Disney World PF Gathering: 1) Plan ahead and purchase your ticket early, 2) Follow the official social media pages for updates and announcements, 3) Bring comfortable shoes for walking around the theme parks, 4) Don't be afraid to strike up conversations with other attendees, and 5) Have fun and embrace the Disney magic!</p>

1. What is the purpose of the Disney World PF Gathering?

The Disney World PF Gathering is an annual event where fans of Disney and its theme parks come together to share their love for all things Disney. It is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people, make new friends, and enjoy the magic of Disney World.

2. When and where does the Disney World PF Gathering take place?

The Disney World PF Gathering usually takes place in the summer months, typically in July or August. The exact dates and location may vary from year to year, so it is best to stay updated through the official Disney World PF Gathering website or social media pages.

3. How can I attend the Disney World PF Gathering?

To attend the Disney World PF Gathering, you will need to purchase a ticket through the official website. Tickets usually go on sale a few months before the event and can sell out quickly, so it is important to plan ahead and secure your ticket early.

4. What can I expect at the Disney World PF Gathering?

The Disney World PF Gathering is a fun-filled event with a variety of activities such as panel discussions, meet and greets with Disney celebrities, workshops, and group outings to the theme parks. There will also be opportunities to purchase exclusive merchandise and participate in special events and contests.

5. Do you have any tips for first-time attendees of the Disney World PF Gathering?

Yes, here are a few tips to make the most out of your experience at the Disney World PF Gathering: 1) Plan ahead and purchase your ticket early, 2) Follow the official social media pages for updates and announcements, 3) Bring comfortable shoes for walking around the theme parks, 4) Don't be afraid to strike up conversations with other attendees, and 5) Have fun and embrace the Disney magic!