How to calculate the time for one revolution in circular motion?

In summary, to solve for the time it takes for the mass to complete one revolution, you can use the equations: radius = Lsin(angle), v=2pi(r)/T, F= max (where F = Tx = -Ty), -Ty = m(v^2/r), and Tsin(angle) = m(v^2)/r(sin(angle))^2. It is also necessary to convert the angle from vertical to horizontal by subtracting it from 90 degrees.
MRD

Homework Statement

The mass m = 10 kg and is attached to a string L = 0.027m, the mass moves in a circle and makes an angle of 32 deg. with the vertical, how long does it take to complete one revolution?

Homework Equations

radius = Lsin(angle)
v=2pi(r)/T
F= max (where F = Tx = -Ty)
-Ty = m(v^2/r)

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried solving for velocity with T = 1, is this right?
If the angle is wrt the vertical, does that mean I have to take 90 - the angle, inorder to change it wrt the horizontal and then use that angle to solve for radius?
Any help would be great. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean T = 1? Do you mean T as the period or the tension?
Yes, 90 - angle of vertical = angle from horizontal.

You say F = Tx = -Ty

Is T tension?
Why does Tx = -Ty?

T is the period
I was going to use -Ty to solve the equation if I do not change the angle
but so far I have tried to use the equation Fnet = ma
Fnet = Tsin angle = ma
a = v^2/r
r = Lsin angle
Tsin (angle) = m (v^2)/r(sin angle)^2 is this right?

What is circular motion?

Circular motion refers to the movement of an object along a circular path, where the object maintains a constant distance from a fixed point.

What is centripetal force?

Centripetal force is the force that acts towards the center of a circular path and keeps an object moving along that path. It is necessary to maintain circular motion and is directly proportional to the mass and velocity of the object.

What is tangential velocity?

Tangential velocity is the speed of an object along a circular path. It is always perpendicular to the radius of the circle and is constant in magnitude but changes in direction as the object moves along the path.

How does circular motion relate to time?

Circular motion and time are closely related as the time it takes for an object to complete one full revolution along a circular path is called the period. The frequency of an object's circular motion is also inversely proportional to its period.

What is the difference between uniform and non-uniform circular motion?

Uniform circular motion is when an object moves along a circular path at a constant speed, while non-uniform circular motion is when the speed of the object changes along the path. In non-uniform circular motion, the object experiences acceleration due to the changing direction of its velocity.