Ring in the New Year at PF's Party!

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: Hope the rest of you have a great time!I'm afraid there may be no New Year's Evo this year, I know everyone Sunday was looking forward to New Year's Evo, but I don't think I'll be joining. ...Hope the rest of you have a great time!
64 minutes left for me, it's still 2009 here.

Happy New Year/Decade!

Physics news on Phys.org
The party is still going on! For you left coasters, I'm still awake to join you for your New Year too if you get into chat with us! :biggrin:

Awww. I thought this party was going to continue into the afternoon on New Years' Day. I had a lovely evening out. Happy New Year and new decade, everyone!

Still going!

Moonbear said:
What are oilballs?

I'll be into the party soon. I'm having my dinner now. I opted for shrimp with a spicy tempura style batter, french fries, and a horseradish sauce that I've touched up with some chipotle pepper. Cracked open the bottle of sake I got for Christmas from the Japanese restaurant where my boyfriend and I eat (the restaurant gives them as gifts to their most loyal customers...he's there a lot with clients...and since he can go in and get good sake anytime, he gave the bottle to me to take home).

And then this happened..

One tequila
[Moonbear] 11:54 pm: I have a shot of pomegranate vodka waiting to toast midnight. No champagne.

Two tequila
[Moonbear] 12:42 am: Well, if I'm going to stick around for another time zone, I need to get another shot ready. brb (I'm glad I'm going to be snowed in tomorrow)

Three tequila
[Moonbear] 3:00 am: Time for another shot!

Floor!
[General Chat]: Moonbear has left at 3:32 am

:rofl:

Bump! all right you hung-over bums! Come over to chat!

https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/flashchat.php

the link might be helpful

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg, thanks so much for opening chat for New Years...when it was 10 minutes before midnight CST and the room flooded with PFers wondering how the heck the ended up there, it was hilarious :biggrin:!

(For PFers who were not on then - Greg *closed* the Forums and re-directed everyone into the chat room...what a riot!)

cronxeh said:
And then this happened..

One tequila
[Moonbear] 11:54 pm: I have a shot of pomegranate vodka waiting to toast midnight. No champagne.

Two tequila
[Moonbear] 12:42 am: Well, if I'm going to stick around for another time zone, I need to get another shot ready. brb (I'm glad I'm going to be snowed in tomorrow)

Three tequila

Floor!

What happened to "What happens in chat, stays in chat!"? :grumpy:

:biggrin: It was a fun night in chat. I didn't end up snowed in as promised though. The snow that was supposed to END by noon today only started around noon today. I COULD have gone out. (Of course, as Evo pointed out, if I HAD gone out, we'd have probably gotten a foot of snow and I'd be stranded somewhere.)

No hangover today, and was awake by 10:30 in spite of staying up so late.

hypatia said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/flashchat.php

the link might be helpful
We're still chatting.

Last edited by a moderator:
And still chatting!

Why is the chat down :cry:

cronxeh said:
And then this happened..

One tequila

Two tequila

Three tequila

Floor!

Bahahahaha! Thanks for the good chat with you guys on my lonnnnesome New Years. :smile:

Thank goodness I was able to get in there even though I was banned from the forums, I may have died of boredom :cry: