Connecting a key fob to a receiver

• Thread starter Elecinfo28
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Receiver
In summary, the conversation discusses a design project involving electrical components and the need to connect two key fobs to a circuit board. The key fobs would transmit digital codes for security purposes and a paper is referenced for a potential solution. The person asking for help is limited in their understanding of electronics and asks for assistance with the issue.
Elecinfo28
Hi all, I am new to this forum and In desperate need of help! I'm currently at university studying product design and part of my design idea has electrical components, unfortunately I am very limited to what I understand electronically so I'm a little stuck. Basically I need to connect two key fobs to a circuit board so they both can be used to power the mother which I have already attached to a battery and a motor. I have attached a photo to help show my attempt so far. If anyone can help with this issue please respond. Any questions let me know. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 293
Engineering news on Phys.org
Each fob would transmit a digital code. The code tells which button was pushed, and the fob's unique identifier. The identifier is used for security purposes. You don't want all the car key fobs in your neighborhood controlling your device.

This paper illustrates one way to make them secure.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1612.00993.pdf

Your question does not make your level of expertise clear. If you need help with basic electricity, or radio transmitters or receivers, please post again.

1. How do I connect my key fob to a receiver?

To connect a key fob to a receiver, you will first need to make sure that the key fob and receiver are compatible. Then, you will need to follow the specific instructions provided by the manufacturer of your key fob and receiver. This may involve pressing a button on the receiver and then pressing a button on the key fob to pair them together.

2. Can I connect multiple key fobs to one receiver?

Yes, in most cases, you can connect multiple key fobs to one receiver. However, you will need to refer to the instructions provided by the manufacturer to ensure that you are following the correct procedure for your specific key fob and receiver.

3. What are the benefits of connecting a key fob to a receiver?

Connecting a key fob to a receiver allows you to control certain devices or systems remotely, without having to physically interact with them. This can be convenient and provide added security, as you can lock and unlock doors, turn on lights, or arm an alarm system from a distance.

4. Can I disconnect a key fob from a receiver?

Yes, you can disconnect a key fob from a receiver by following the instructions provided by the manufacturer. This may involve resetting the key fob and receiver or manually unpairing them.

5. What do I do if my key fob is not connecting to the receiver?

If your key fob is not connecting to the receiver, first make sure that they are both turned on and within range of each other. If they are, try resetting both the key fob and receiver and attempting to pair them again. If the issue persists, refer to the troubleshooting section of the manufacturer's instructions or contact their customer support for assistance.