I lost all faith in my education (mentally)

In summary: They were like "woah, he's taking forever, this is bullshit" In summary, the test took the person mentally grumpy, and they have a feeling of impending doom because they have to take another math class next summer.
Pengwuino kindly suggested an alternate thread name.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Pengwuino kindly suggested an alternate thread name.
Much better. :approve:

Don't worry about it Pengwuino. Just pick yourself and go back at it.

There was a cartoon by Gary Larson. A middle aged man is seen bolting up in bed, apparently from a dead sleep. The caption reads: Suddenly Hal realized that nobody cares what his GPA was in college.

Ivan Seeking said:
Don't worry about it Pengwuino. Just pick yourself and go back at it.

There was a cartoon by Gary Larson. A middle aged man is seen bolting up in bed, apparently from a dead sleep. The caption reads: Suddenly Hal realized that nobody cares what his GPA was in college.

My grad school will care :tongue2:

Pengwuino said:
My grad school will care :tongue2:

I know, but that too shall pass one day. The point is, don't let it get the best of you. Things are rarely as important as they seem at the time. You can only do the best that you can and you will experience failures along the way, but in the in the end you only fail if you quit. This is always true. So as long as you don't plan to quit, don't sweat it.

Ivan Seeking said:
I know, but that too shall pass one day. The point is, don't let it get the best of you. Things are rarely as important as they seem at the time. You can only do the best that you can and you will experience failures along the way, but in the in the end you only fail if you quit. This is always true. So as long as you don't plan to quit, don't sweat it.

:grumpy: I take a different approach on life, oh well. As long as i can go to sleep at night with nothing stresseful on my mind, I am happy and I'm very succcessful at that :biggrin:

JasonRox a.k.a "da Ball buster Rox" said:
Could this be because mathematics just makes more sense?

I don't know, dammit. Seesh! Leave me alone! :cry:

maybe y'all just not as smart as you once thought

Pengwuino, have you considered getting a note from your psychologist stating that you have a learning disability to help you get more time on your tests? :wink:

TheStatutoryApe said:
Pengwuino, have you considered getting a note from your psychologist stating that you have a learning disability to help you get more time on your tests? :wink:

I could have used 4 more days and wouldn't have gotten any farther on it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Integral said:
I had to repeat that class (systems of DEs). My prof wanted us to solve 3 equation systems, but did not give partial credit for approach, to get points you had to get the ARITHMIC of solving a 3X3 matrix correct. In those days I was neither accurate or quick in doing arithmetic. Of course this was when programmable calculators where just coming on the market (1975). So we could not simply enter the numbers and push a button.

hehe amuaha muahahahah

*hysterical twitch*

Yea I repeated diff eq twice. Needless to say packing a Ti-30X instead of Ti-89 in your backpack doesn't help you out that day :biggrin:

Pengwuino,,
was all this group theory and related things exam..i think you should communicate more with guys like Matt,hurkyl,who can give you an idea of how much they can see with this Algebra stuff and you will develop fascination on own...
Its just a game of interest,,try mounting it...and above all ,don't care about results at the moment..Things don't take much time to change when one is determined..

cyrusabdollahi said:
Math is SOOOO much easier than physics.

I feel it is the opposite. Mathematics can be too abstract and formal, while physics requires you to look at problems through a variety of concepts, and then apply the math.

I *really* wish I had the type of mind that allows one to move freely and carelessly through mathematical reality. To me, sadly, much of it remains dead formalism.

I wish I were smarter. :frown:

cyrusabdollahi said:
Stop complaining. Math is SOOOO much easier than physics. I am seriously considering taking some extra math next summer for the hell of it. Maybe a course in PDE's or complex calculus. Advanced calculus seems like a good course; however, it's too formal and purely mathematics. It would be a waste of time really.

"advanced calculus" is formal & purely mathematics :rofl: sounds like you haven't done any real math courses at all... :rolleyes:

Yeah, my friend is a math major and has taken it. He said its mostly proofs and formalisms. That's no benifit to me as an Engineer. I'm better off taking applied mathematics.

:rofl: Excuse me for not taking "real math." You and Jason are math snobs! :rofl:

cyrusabdollahi said:
:rofl: Excuse me for not taking "real math." You and Jason are math snobs! :rofl:

lol :wink: