How to Learn Chinese in Just 5 Minutes?

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about avatars and how they have changed recently. The user's avatar is the best on the website and the user met a new friend today who has the same avatar.
Lisa!
Gold Member
Learn Chinese in 5 Minutes!

http://office-humour.co.uk/content/images/2006/10/4980.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
:uhh: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: I realized it only after reading #5. :biggrin:

neutrino said:
:rofl: :rofl: I realized it only after reading #5. :biggrin:
Yep, #5 for me too.

Fa Kin Hua Som! It worked! In less than 5 minutes too! Thanks a bunch!

I got it on #3, but I'm pretty sure that #4 would have nailed it down. :biggrin:

Realized? Got it on #3? What are you all talking about? Am I missing something?

Reminds me of a tongue-twister my previous boss showed me. You just have to see how fast you can read the list out loud.

I
Sofa
King
We
Todd
Did

It's harder than it looks.

mattmns said:
Realized? Got it on #3? What are you all talking about? Am I missing something?
Still haven't got it, huh? :biggrin:

:rofl: Wow, you all are slow! You didn't pick up on it from the first one? I'll bet you all cheated and didn't really say them aloud!

Danger said:
Reminds me of a tongue-twister my previous boss showed me. You just have to see how fast you can read the list out loud.

I
Sofa
King
We
Todd
Did

that's not really a tongue twister, I can do it fast and I suck at reading tongue twisters :\

Evo said:
Still haven't got it, huh? :biggrin:
The only thing I could think you are talking about is the pronunciation of the "Chinese" phrases, in which case it was obvious from the very first one.

mattmns said:
The only thing I could think you are talking about is the pronunciation of the "Chinese" phrases, in which case it was obvious from the very first one.

Get yourself an Avatar. :approve:

Yeah, I thought it was hilarious. My girlfriend just sent it to her Hong Kong friend, who is hilarious in his own right. Very humourous.

I said the first one in the accent that Kim Jong Il had in Team America: World Police and instantly got it. I chuckled at myself :redface:

Am I seeing a lot of new avatars all of a sudden, or is it just the beer?

Danger said:

I
Sofa
King
We
Todd
Did

Sounds like "I so ****ing wetarded" when I say it fast.

big man said:
Sounds like "I so ****ing wetarded" when I say it fast.
Correctomundo... :biggrin:

Now let's just lie in the weeds and see how long it takes Yomamma to figure it out. :devil:

Last edited:
Gokul43201 said:
Am I seeing a lot of new avatars all of a sudden, or is it just the beer?
Umm, I don't know about the others, but I became a contributor today...

Danger said:
Now let's just lie in the weeds and see how long it takes Yomamma to figure it out. :devil:
That's what I was thinking is yomamma sitting there yelling out "I so f****ng weetawded" while his mom walks by his room or something?

Probably not, but that's a vision that I shall cherish for the rest of my life. :biggrin:

moose said:
Umm, I don't know about the others, but I became a contributor today...

That's what I was thinking is yomamma sitting there yelling out "I so f****ng weetawded" while his mom walks by his room or something?
MOOOSE!

You've gone GOLD. <Whaps Moose with a block of frozen chum.> sorry, MIH used the last fish

I love your avatar! That has to be the BEST avatar on PF! :!)

Evo said:
I love your avatar! That has to be the BEST avatar on PF! :!)
:biggrin: That's just the mom in you that appreciates the handmade ones much better than the store bought ones. :rofl:

I think his signature line is my favorite ever, though. :rofl: Gotta love a good sense of humor!

Moonbear said:
:biggrin: That's just the mom in you that appreciates the handmade ones much better than the store bought ones. :rofl:
So true. :smile: Is the moose vomiting or breathing fire?

Evo said:
So true. :smile: Is the moose vomiting or breathing fire?
I think moose is related to Trogdor the Burninator - he just fits in better up there with the moose disguise.

moose said:
I drew http://www.twilightus.net/adam/drragon.png" and it was originially meant it to be a dragon, but I guess a moose works too :redface:
I was right! He is Trogdor!

http://www.homestarrunner.com/trogdor.html

Now post the one on Ebonics. That one's a real knee-slapper too.

Lisa! said:
learn chinese in 5 minutes
HAHA, this is very funny.

Actually, Robert De Niro used a similar concept here :

greets marlon

Danger said:
Correctomundo... :biggrin:

:grumpy: just read it again, I can't believe I didn't get that

:tongue: ..

Ha ha, evo you scared me, a girl calls me "moose" and often types it in huge font like that.

Wait, WHAT? how did i come across this, it was in bold black on General Discussion...its two years old...wtf mates

sigh...:rolleyes:

someone spammed it, I deleted it

1. How can I learn Chinese in just 5 minutes?

Learning a language takes time and dedication. While it is not possible to learn Chinese in just 5 minutes, you can use 5 minutes to practice and improve your skills. Consistency is key when learning a language.

2. What are some tips for learning Chinese in 5 minutes?

Some tips for learning Chinese in 5 minutes include focusing on one aspect of the language, such as vocabulary or pronunciation, using flashcards or online resources, and practicing regularly.

3. Can I become fluent in Chinese in just 5 minutes?

No, becoming fluent in any language takes time and effort. While you can use 5 minutes to practice and improve your skills, becoming fluent in Chinese will require consistent and dedicated study over a longer period of time.

4. How can I make the most of 5 minutes to learn Chinese?

To make the most of 5 minutes to learn Chinese, you can focus on a specific topic or aspect of the language, use flashcards or online resources, and practice regularly. You can also try to incorporate Chinese into your daily routine, such as listening to Chinese music or watching Chinese TV shows.

5. Is it possible to learn Chinese in just 5 minutes a day?

While it is not possible to become fluent in Chinese by only studying for 5 minutes a day, consistent and regular practice can help improve your skills over time. It is important to supplement this with longer study sessions and immersion in the language to truly become proficient in Chinese.