Ready to Celebrate the End of the Semester with Beer and No More Stress?

• Thread starter ShawnD
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the end of the school semester and the relief and stress that comes with it. The speakers discuss their plans to relax and celebrate, with one mentioning drinking beer and another expressing frustration with still having exams to complete. The length of their semesters also comes up in the conversation.
ShawnD
Science Advisor
No more school and no more stress. Now I can just sit around and drink beer (and get a job).

I would celebrate by burning my books if they weren't so damn useful. :cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
Gr...! You mean horrible person... Rubbing salt in the wounds of those of us who still have a few more weeks!

cookiemonster

w00t! After a few weeks of horrible exams it will all be over!

Semester's almost over here as well. I have a term paper to write and 2 finals coming up. Fun fun

You guys have really long semesters or something. My friend in university was done 2 weeks ago.

I still have five weeks to go before exams, and those last three weeks by themselves! Curse you all for dragging me out of my ignorance of your semesters...

1. What does "W00t" mean?

W00t is a slang term commonly used online to express excitement or joy.

2. Why is "the semester's over" significant?

The end of the semester marks the completion of a period of academic study and often signifies a break or transition to a new stage in education.

3. Is "W00t, the semester's over" a common phrase?

Yes, it is a phrase that is often used by students to celebrate the end of the semester.

4. What other phrases are commonly used to express the end of the semester?

Some other common phrases include "Thank goodness, the semester is done" and "Finally, the semester is over".

5. What are some ways people celebrate the end of the semester?

Celebrations can vary, but some common ways people celebrate the end of the semester include going out with friends, treating themselves to a nice meal or activity, or simply relaxing and taking a break from academic work.