If i wana work with nanothechnology what career to choose?

In summary, you are undecided about which major to choose. You like the idea of working with electromagnets, but you are also interested in chemistry books. You think that you can learn more from those books than from physics books. You plan to study electrical engineering for one year and then decide whether to continue with that or switch to chemistry.
AlexES16
Here in my country i was thinking in ME, EE or chemistry.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey, sorry, but you just have to decide on something! You keep on making these threads and I guess it's fine in a way, since someone else can benefit from that, as well, but didn't you state in one recent thread you had (finally) decided on Chemistry? And though it's only a quote from the Sopranos, "more is lost by indecision than a bad decision", especially if you consider the fact that people keep on telling you there is no bad decision for you to make at this point, at least not as far as your concerns are, well, concerned.

Ryker said:
Hey, sorry, but you just have to decide on something! You keep on making these threads and I guess it's fine in a way, since someone else can benefit from that, as well, but didn't you state in one recent thread you had (finally) decided on Chemistry? And though it's only a quote from the Sopranos, "more is lost by indecision than a bad decision", especially if you consider the fact that people keep on telling you there is no bad decision for you to make at this point, at least not as far as your concerns are, well, concerned.

Wow men I am kinda crazy. To much indecision.

For this same reason maybe i go for chemistry, there you have many many fields to work with it.

I just don't wana end doing a boring job

The choice you are now going to make is not going to define your whole life. You can still switch majors if you happen to see something draws more interest than the other, but jobs will be good and bad in any profession. Sure, you can look for which profession has the best "median" or "average" job, but if you don't choose based on what you actually like most, then your chances of getting a job that is above that average will be smaller and the job itself could therefore be worse even if the whole profession's average is higher than the other one's which you chose to forego just because you figured jobs there suck more in general.

Ryker said:
The choice you are now going to make is not going to define your whole life. You can still switch majors if you happen to see something draws more interest than the other, but jobs will be good and bad in any profession. Sure, you can look for which profession has the best "median" or "average" job, but if you don't choose based on what you actually like most, then your chances of getting a job that is above that average will be smaller and the job itself could therefore be worse even if the whole profession's average is higher than the other one's which you chose to forego just because you figured jobs there suck more in general.

I wana make my decision based on my interest of what i would love to do.

Ive readed electromagnetsim and i like it.

But looks like chemistry books are better made or i don't know what, but i find them more interesting than physics books.

I already started with Electrical Engineering looks like in 1 year i can change my career.

The thing is that i really wana help society.

Based on this

EE or chemistry?

Ryker said:
You keep on making these threads and I guess it's fine in a way, since someone else can benefit from that, as well, but didn't you state in one recent thread you had (finally) decided on Chemistry?

Yes, and people should follow that thread https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=426579".

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is nanotechnology?

Nanotechnology is a field of science and technology that deals with the manipulation and control of matter at the nanoscale, which is about 1 to 100 nanometers in size. It involves working with particles and structures that are incredibly small, allowing for the creation of new materials and devices with unique properties.

2. What career options are available in nanotechnology?

There are a variety of career options in nanotechnology, including research and development, engineering, manufacturing, and academia. Some specific job titles in this field include nanoscientist, nanotechnologist, materials engineer, and nanotechnology researcher.

3. What skills are needed to work in nanotechnology?

To work in nanotechnology, you will need a strong foundation in science and mathematics, as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills. It is also important to have a good understanding of nanoscale materials and their properties, as well as experience with specialized tools and techniques used in nanotechnology research.

4. What education is required for a career in nanotechnology?

Most careers in nanotechnology require at least a bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as physics, chemistry, engineering, or materials science. Many positions also require a master's or doctoral degree, especially for research and development roles.

5. What are the potential benefits of working in nanotechnology?

Working in nanotechnology can lead to many exciting opportunities and advancements in various industries, such as medicine, energy, electronics, and environmental science. It also allows for the creation of new and innovative materials and devices that can improve our quality of life and contribute to solving global challenges.