Distance Traveled in 8s: Factor of 1st Second

In summary, a car starting from rest and accelerating uniformly for 8 seconds will travel a greater distance in the 8 seconds than in the first second by a factor of t1^2 / t2^2. This is based on the formula X1/X2 = (1/2)at1^2 / (1/2)at2^2.
kimikims
A car starts from rest and accelerates uniformly for 8 s.

The distance traveled in the 8 s is greater than the distance traveled in the first second by a factor of:

----

I think you use this formula, but I don't know.

Vo = 0
X1 = 1/2at1^2
X2 = 1/2at2^2

X1/X2 = (1/2)at1^2 / (1/2)at2^2

= t1^2 / t2^2

Physics news on Phys.org
kimikims said:
A car starts from rest and accelerates uniformly for 8 s.

The distance traveled in the 8 s is greater than the distance traveled in the first second by a factor of:

----

I think you use this formula, but I don't know.

Vo = 0
X1 = 1/2at1^2
X2 = 1/2at2^2

X1/X2 = (1/2)at1^2 / (1/2)at2^2

= t1^2 / t2^2

seems ok to me
t1 = 8 and t2 = 1
marlon

Since the car is accelerating uniformly, the time intervals (t1 and t2) are the same, so the ratio becomes:

= 1^2 / 1^2

= 1

Therefore, the distance traveled in the first second is equal to the distance traveled in the 8 seconds. There is no factor or difference between them. This is because the car's acceleration is constant, meaning it covers equal distances in equal time intervals.

What is the distance traveled in 8 seconds if the factor of the first second is 1?

The distance traveled in 8 seconds with a factor of 1 for the first second is equal to the distance traveled in 8 seconds without any change in speed. This means that the distance traveled will depend on the initial velocity and acceleration of the object.

What is the formula for calculating distance traveled in 8 seconds with a factor of 1 for the first second?

The formula for calculating distance traveled in 8 seconds with a factor of 1 for the first second is d = ut + 1/2at^2, where d is the distance traveled, u is the initial velocity, a is the acceleration, and t is the time (in this case, 8 seconds).

How does the distance traveled in 8 seconds change if the factor of the first second is increased?

If the factor of the first second is increased, it means that the object's speed will increase during the first second. This will result in a greater distance traveled in 8 seconds compared to when the factor is 1. The exact change in distance will depend on the specific factor and other factors such as initial velocity and acceleration.

Is the distance traveled in 8 seconds with a factor of 1 for the first second the same for all objects?

No, the distance traveled in 8 seconds with a factor of 1 for the first second will vary depending on the initial velocity and acceleration of the object. Objects with different initial conditions will have different distances traveled, even with the same factor of 1 for the first second.

How does air resistance affect the distance traveled in 8 seconds with a factor of 1 for the first second?

Air resistance can affect the distance traveled in 8 seconds with a factor of 1 for the first second by slowing down the object's speed and reducing the distance traveled. The exact impact of air resistance will depend on the object's shape, surface area, and other factors.