I was playing plants vs zombies and this question popped in to mind

This equation assumes that the frequency of shooting is constant, but there may be some doubt about this in the game scenario. If the frequency of shooting is not constant, the equation may need to be adjusted.
caspernorth
How can we calculate [via an equation] the number of pea-pods hit on a zombie in a given interval of time.
for those who haven't played the game its briefly this:
from point A to B, on A there is a pea shooting plant [constant position]. on B a zombie is closing in with constant velocity towards A.
pea velocity is constant. a peas is shot when the last one is hit on a zombie. so frequency of shooting increases as zombie closes by.
need an equation [i have a bit of doubt about that frequency thing. i think the frequency is constant too, don't know! sorry. but what if it was like that (will frequency reach infinity when position =0, not the case in game) and yeah that's it]

Physics news on Phys.org
The number of pea pods hit on a zombie in a given interval of time can be calculated using the equation: P = (Vz * t) / (Vp + Vz), where P is the number of pea pods hit, Vz is the velocity of the zombie, t is the time interval, and Vp is the velocity of the pea.

1. What is the purpose of the game Plants vs Zombies?

The purpose of the game is to defend your house from a zombie invasion by strategically planting different types of plants that have unique abilities to fight off the zombies.

2. Is Plants vs Zombies a single player or multiplayer game?

Plants vs Zombies can be played both as a single player and multiplayer game. In the single player mode, the player must complete levels and progress through the game's story. In the multiplayer mode, players can battle against each other in a variety of game modes.

3. Are there different versions of Plants vs Zombies?

Yes, there are several versions of Plants vs Zombies, including the original game, Plants vs Zombies 2, and Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare. Each version offers different gameplay and features.

4. What platforms can I play Plants vs Zombies on?

Plants vs Zombies is available to play on various platforms, including PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo DS, and mobile devices.

5. Are there any educational benefits to playing Plants vs Zombies?

While Plants vs Zombies is primarily a fun game, it has been found to have some educational benefits, such as improving problem-solving skills and teaching basic strategy and resource management.