Is the Serbian Vampire, Sava Savanovic, on the Loose Again?

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Set
In summary, the conversation discusses the fear of the Serbian arch vampire Sava Savanovic being set loose again after his home collapsed. The villagers are advised to protect themselves by purchasing garlic. The conversation also includes a comparison between traditional Serbian vampires and modern vampires, as well as a debate about the scariness of a particular vampire. The conversation ends with a question about the political implications of this folklore and a comment on the social status of vampires.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Serbian vampire set loose!

The dreaded arch vampire in Serbian folklore, Sava Savanovic, is feared to be, yet again, set loose, after his ancestral home, a dilapidated mill, collapsed a few days ago.
Local sale of garlic has increased markedly, as people in the village of Zarozje has been advised by their council elders to protect themselves.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cal-council-issues-public-health-warning.html

Physics news on Phys.org

Serbia really needs to get with the times. Their vampires need to stop looking like this:

Nosferatu%206.jpg

and more like this:

http://suvudu.com/files/mt-files/Edward%20Cullen.jpg

The bottom photo is definitely scarier.

Evo said:
I wouldn't use the word.."scary" about him..:smile:

arildno said:
I wouldn't use the word.."scary" about him..:smile:

Maybe "hairy"?

Evo said:

Well you're certainly not a teenage ditz. :biggrin:

berkeman said:
Maybe "hairy"?

Hollow-cheeked, longtime smoker was my first impresion of him.

ok
I'll just ask ...

how or why is this is a political issue or a World affair ?

I've never heard of "dreaded vampire" Sava Savanovic, and no wonder. He lived in a shack. Undead peasant trash, if you ask me. Vampires don't count unless they're at least minor nobility.

What is a "Serbian vampire set loose"?

A "Serbian vampire set loose" refers to a mythical creature from Serbian folklore that is believed to be a type of vampire. It is said to be a human-like being with supernatural abilities and an insatiable thirst for blood.

Is there any evidence that "Serbian vampire set loose" actually exists?

There is no scientific evidence that supports the existence of a "Serbian vampire set loose". This creature is considered to be a part of folklore and has not been proven to be real.

What are the characteristics of a "Serbian vampire set loose"?

According to folklore, a "Serbian vampire set loose" is said to have sharp fangs, pale skin, and the ability to shape-shift into different animals. They are also believed to have superhuman strength and an aversion to sunlight.

How does one become a "Serbian vampire set loose"?

In Serbian folklore, it is believed that someone can become a "Serbian vampire set loose" if they die an unnatural death, such as suicide or murder. It is also said that if someone is cursed by a witch, they may turn into a vampire after death.

Are there any real-life cases of a "Serbian vampire set loose"?

There are no known cases of a "Serbian vampire set loose" in real life. However, there have been reports of people in Serbia who claim to be vampires or have vampire-like abilities. These claims have not been scientifically proven.

Back