Community college student at El Camino college

In summary, the speaker is a community college student at El Camino who initially disliked school but has maintained a 4.0 GPA for three semesters. They express a desire to attend a top university such as UC Berkeley or Stanford and are interested in hearing about the conversation partner's college experience. The partner describes their positive experience at a small liberal arts college and encourages the speaker in their pursuit of attending a top university.
kevinnn
I currently am a community college student at El Camino college (it's a community college, I was late to liking school, especially the subjects involving math and science). I have kept a 4.0 for the three semesters I have been there. I have been taking "college" courses. I really want to go to a very good university, UCLA would be my last choice. I want to go to a school such as UC Berkeley, Stanford, ect. I was interested in how your experience with college has been and how much you liked the school you went to? Thanks for your time.

-Kevin

Physics news on Phys.org
My experience with college was very positive. I attended a small liberal arts college and really enjoyed the small class sizes and close relationships I was able to develop with my professors. I had a great balance between challenging coursework and extracurricular activities. I know that attending a bigger school like UCLA would have been different, but I'm so glad that I chose a smaller college. Stanford and UC Berkeley are both incredible schools that offer a lot of opportunities and I'm sure you'll do great if you get accepted. Good luck!

What is the average class size at El Camino College?

The average class size at El Camino College is around 25 students. However, this may vary depending on the specific course and department.

Can I transfer credits from El Camino College to a four-year university?

Yes, El Camino College has transfer agreements with many universities, allowing students to transfer their credits and continue their education at a four-year institution. It is important to work closely with an academic advisor to ensure that the credits will transfer properly.

What is the cost of tuition at El Camino College?

The cost of tuition at El Camino College varies depending on whether you are a resident of California or not. For California residents, the cost is $46 per unit, while for non-residents, the cost is $258 per unit. There are also additional fees for books and supplies.

Are there any resources available for students at El Camino College?

Yes, El Camino College offers a wide range of resources for students, including tutoring services, counseling, career services, and various student clubs and organizations. There is also a health center and childcare services available for students.

Is there on-campus housing available for students at El Camino College?

No, El Camino College does not offer on-campus housing. However, there are many off-campus housing options available for students, and the college provides resources to help students find suitable accommodations.