Most embarrassing moment in your life

In summary, getting my willy caught in a zipper was the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me.
pitot-tube
What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
Keep it clean!

Physics news on Phys.org
Getting my willy caught in a zipper.

I once shorted out an entire hospital [Granada Hills Hospital in California].

Boy, did I feel silly.

Ivan Seeking said:
I once shorted out an entire hospital [Granada Hills Hospital in California].

Boy, did I feel silly.

You didn't get sacked?

Long long time ago whilst I was working at a factory some of my work colleagues offered me some cannabis during a break...I had never taken it before and 15 minutes later back at work...I suddenly started to get chest pains, my heart was pounding and I genuinely thought I was having a heart attack. My Supervisors were concerned and the on-site doctor called for an ambulance, once I'd found my way to hospital the symptoms began to subside but I didn't dare say that I'd been smoking cannabis on my work break (for fear of dismissal) and it was a nerve wrecking experience hoping for them not to figure out what I'd been up to and concluding that I'd wasted their time with just a cannabis induced panic attack...nothing was said by the doctors (at least not to me!) and they sent me on my way with a few painkillers. I then had to find some way to lie about what happened when my supervisors asked what happened. I felt like a total muppet and guilty as hell.

Once I went to school without my pants on. Oh wait, was that a dream?

I was elected by my group at work to represent them in a final summary speech in a training class. Midway through my mind blanked out. I looked out at a sea of faces that weren't believing what was happening. :redface: I finally managed to blurt out a bunch of cr@p that somehow sufficed. It was horrible. And they still continued to look up to me. :uhh:

wolram said:
Getting my willy caught in a zipper.
Well that's not all that emb...

Wait, who's zipper did you get it caught in??

DaveC426913 said:
Well that's not all that emb...

Wait, who's zipper did you get it caught in??

I was about 10 yrs old and my auntie had to get it out, she still talks about it.

wolram said:
I was about 10 yrs old and my auntie had to get it out, she still talks about it.
That's terrible. :redface:

When I was 8 years old, I shaved my eyebrows off. Once I started, I couldn't stop. I looked surprised for about a month.

pitot-tube said:
Keep it clean!

That rules out just about everything that I could possibly relate.

Chi Meson said:
I looked surprised for about a month.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

pitot-tube said:
You didn't get sacked?

Nope. :biggrin: It was ultimately deteremined that I was not at fault. The CAT scanner that I was repairing has been miswired when it was built, and this is what actually caused the failure. I just happened to be the one who got to work on it and throw the power switch. Of course, at the moment that the lights went out in the ER, OR, ICU and the rest of the place, no one knew this, including me!

wolram said:

It must be a short discussion.

Evo said:
I was elected by my group at work to represent them in a final summary speech in a training class. Midway through my mind blanked out. I looked out at a sea of faces that weren't believing what was happening. :redface: I finally managed to blurt out a bunch of cr@p that somehow sufficed. It was horrible. And they still continued to look up to me. :uhh:

Been there. THAT is a terrible feeling! And there is no escape. You have to stand there and do SOMETHING. :uhh:

I've done a fair bit of public speaking but brain locks still terrify me.

Ivan Seeking said:

She was the one that gave me the nick name of cocker, it is a cruel world.

wolram said:
She was the one that gave me the nick name of cocker, it is a cruel world.

It could have been worse, Little Willie. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
It could have been worse, Little Willie. :biggrin:

And i thought you were one of my bestest friends. cry.

Ivan Seeking said:
Mean!

1. What was your most embarrassing moment in your life?

My most embarrassing moment was when I accidentally called my teacher "mom" in front of the whole class.

2. How did you handle your most embarrassing moment?

At first, I was mortified and wanted to crawl into a hole. But then I took a deep breath and laughed it off, making a joke about it to ease the tension.

3. Did anyone else witness your most embarrassing moment?

Yes, unfortunately the whole class witnessed it. Some of my classmates couldn't stop laughing and others were trying to hold back their own laughter.

4. Have you ever experienced a similar embarrassing moment?

Yes, I have experienced a few other embarrassing moments in my life, but this one definitely takes the top spot.

5. What did you learn from your most embarrassing moment?

I learned to not take myself too seriously and to not be afraid to laugh at my own mistakes. It's important to be able to laugh at ourselves and not let embarrassing moments define us.