Notorious Roman prostitute named Scylla

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, Valeria Messalina was a Roman empress who was known for her wild affairs and once challenged a famous prostitute to an all-night sex competition. She continued well into the morning while her opponent gave up at dawn. Her actions were not uncommon in ancient Rome, where sexual competitions were a part of the culture.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valeria_Messalina

had many wild affairs and once challenged a notorious Roman prostitute named Scylla to an all-night sex competition. (Scylla gave up at dawn, but Messalina continued well into the morning.

Would she be in the GBoRs if it was out then ?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Awsome.

Going by the title, I was expecting a spin-off from the 'leg-humping' thread. Not far off, though.

All night sex competitions?

How come I have never heard of this!

Danger said:
Going by the title, I was expecting a spin-off from the 'leg-humping' thread. Not far off, though.

I was looking at history pages and came across her, i thought i should share
with you guys, i couldn't imagine a lady that can not be refused on pain of death.

Mine doesn't threaten death, exactly, but some of those Cree customs scare the hell out of me. :eek:

Danger said:
Mine doesn't threaten death, exactly, but some of those Cree customs scare the hell out of me. :eek:

Cree customs ?? i have to ask what they are.

Ever see "A Man Called Horse"? Okay... that was Apache, but they're related.

Danger said:
Ever see "A Man Called Horse"? Okay... that was Apache, but they're related.

A dim memmory, a guy captured by indians treated like a dog, but becomes one
of them when he kills a rival tribe member ?

Yeah... Richard Harris. I never actually saw the whole movie, but some of the treatments that he received looked a tad uncomfortable.

What was the profession of Scylla in ancient Rome?

Scylla was known as a prostitute or sex worker in ancient Rome. This was a common profession for women during that time period.

Was Scylla a real person or a mythological figure?

Scylla is believed to have been a real person who lived in ancient Rome during the 1st century CE. However, there are also mythological figures named Scylla in Greek and Roman mythology.

What made Scylla a notorious prostitute?

Scylla was known for her beauty and seductive powers, which made her highly sought after by wealthy clients. She was also rumored to have connections with powerful political figures in Rome.

Did Scylla have any notable clients or patrons?

There are many stories and rumors about Scylla's clients, including Julius Caesar and Mark Antony. However, there is no concrete evidence to support these claims.

What happened to Scylla after her career as a prostitute?

There is no record of what happened to Scylla after her career as a prostitute. It is possible that she retired and lived a quiet life, or she may have faced consequences for her profession during a time when prostitution was stigmatized in Roman society.