Help! Fixing Loading Issues on PF

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
In summary, the problem is that medals don't load, some latex won't work, but if the page is refreshed then they show up. One of the smileys is an empty box, but the rest are there. The image for the center text is missing. Some things are empty with a red x on the jpg. If the problem persists, try clearing the browser cache or "Temporary Internet Files".
Cyrus
I am having trouble with PF loading. For some reason medals don't show up, some latex won't work, but if I refresh the page then they show up, right now one of the smileys is an empty box but the rest are there, the image for the center text is missing. Some things are empty with a red x on the jpg. If I keep refreshing it goes away sometimes.

Physics news on Phys.org
:mad: Me too! But it is a symptom of internetus interruptus that we have been experiencing for 3 days now! :mad: :mad: :grumpy:

Anyone else had internet problems recently?

I haven't had any problems like that. What browser are you using cyrus?

edit: just saw that Astronuc's trouble is staying connected

Last edited:
I am on comcast and have been loosing connection briefly several times a day. Is anyone else with comcast having problems?

I use Verizon DSL, but I know its not my internet that's the problem.

Evo said:
edit: just saw that Astronuc's trouble is staying connected
Even before the internet connectivity issues, ocassionally I have page loading problems. I use IE6 but either XP or Win2K OS. XP has ocassionally been problematic, but that seems to be PC dependent.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I use Verizon DSL, but I know its not my internet that's the problem.
Have you tried cleaning out the browser cache or "Temporary Internet Files"?

Also, make sure Adware cookies are deleted. It helps to have an Adware blocker.

This is stuff like tribalfusion, casalmedia, and a host of others which do stuff every time the browser is activated. Not only does it affect the browser, but it can affect the system performance as well. I also found a "spam bouncer program" that some how got onto one of my PC's. The only evidence I could readily find was a registry key. :grumpy:

Last edited:
I tried that let's see what happens.

IE6 Astronuc?! :bugeye: :groan:

Internet Explorer does seem to have less issues than Firefox. Spawn uses Firefox and when I use her computer I always encounter weird problems viewing certain things. Like my e-mail in my sent box can't be read using Firefox, they appear blank, I can read them just fine with IE.

mattmns said:
IE6 Astronuc?! :bugeye: :groan:
:yuck:
Yeah, tell me about it. :grumpy:

I use internet explorer 6 and never had any issues with it.

This used to happen ith the old PF. All I ould get it the background and none of the main content. With the new PF, it's happened to me only once..

Im still not loading all the things :cry:

Evo said:
Internet Explorer does seem to have less issues than Firefox. Spawn uses Firefox and when I use her computer I always encounter weird problems viewing certain things. Like my e-mail in my sent box can't be read using Firefox, they appear blank, I can read them just fine with IE.
That depends on how you define issue. If you don't consider security or features an issue, then IE is great!

I installed Firefox on the PC in the lab for those late nights I'm trapped in the lab and have a long series of 5 min incubations that keep me from escaping very far. I've never had any problems with that. I've even "caught" a few of the other people in the lab using it since I've installed it. :biggrin: (They made fun of me for being a "geek" for installing it in the first place...according to them, only geeks care what browser they use. :rofl:)

My PF still loads funny! :cry: :cry: :cry:!

cyrusabdollahi said:
My PF still loads funny! :cry: :cry: :cry:!
Uhmm, do you mean LaTeX images not loading correctly? If so, may you show me that page?
I don't know but everything seems to work quite well to me. (yeah, apart from some downtimes I experienced several days ago..., not now any more) :smile:

For me the edit button doesn't seem to work. I need to clear my cache, refresh the page and then click on the edit button each time to make it work.

Moonbear said:
(They made fun of me for being a "geek" for installing it in the first place...according to them, only geeks care what browser they use. :rofl:)
One of my friends used to tell me that when I got firefox(and then opera) but he installed firefox on his computer and I'm pretty sure that's all he uses now.

Moonbear said:
(They made fun of me for being a "geek" for installing it in the first place...according to them, only geeks care what browser they use. :rofl:)

The unbelievers :devil:

about:mozilla said:
And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced. But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird. The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire and thunder upon them. For the beast had been reborn with its strength renewed, and the followers of Mammon cowered in horror.

from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15

I just remembered that when I downloaded PSpice simulator from their company website I had to adjust some FTP settings on my IE6. I put them back to what they used to be. Let's see what happens now.

"Enable folder view for FTP sites"

and

"Use passive FTP (for firewall and Dsl capability)"

ARG! It still does it time to time. The computer at work using win xp and IE6 does not give me this trouble. I think something is wrong with my computer. Maybe low virtual memory? :confused: I don't think its that though.

Edit:I just ran a Ad ware sweep on my computer. I hope that helps.

Last edited:
I've had some trouble with the page simply not loading, although when it does load, everything shows up fine and works. This is the only site that's given me this problem, too.

Running the adware seems to have helped.

PF doesn't load for me from time to time too. Sometimes I have to connect again to the internet before it loads. Once I even had to restart.

1. Why is my PF not loading properly?

There could be several reasons why your PF is not loading properly. It could be due to slow internet connection, browser compatibility issues, or server errors. It's also possible that the website is experiencing technical difficulties.

2. How can I fix loading issues on my PF?

First, try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache. If that doesn't work, check your internet connection and make sure it's stable. If the issue persists, try using a different browser or device. You can also contact the website's technical support for assistance.

3. Why does my PF keep freezing while loading?

Freezing during loading could be caused by a slow internet connection or a large amount of data being loaded. It could also be due to browser issues or outdated software. Make sure your internet speed is stable and try using a different browser or updating your current one.

4. My PF is not loading on my mobile device. What can I do?

If your PF is not loading on your mobile device, first check your internet connection. If it's stable, try using a different browser or clearing your current browser's cache. You can also try restarting your device or updating your software. If the issue persists, contact the website's technical support for further assistance.

5. Why is my PF taking a long time to load?

There are a few possible reasons why your PF is taking a long time to load. It could be due to a slow internet connection, server issues, or a large amount of data being loaded. It's also possible that the website is experiencing a high volume of traffic. If the issue persists, try refreshing the page or contacting the website's technical support.