Advanced Mechanics Problem

In summary, the conversation discusses a question about using the Pythagorean Theorem to solve for delta r in a mechanics problem on WebAssign. The person asking the question is unsure about where to start and asks for help. They mention getting an answer of 11,624.97 but it was marked wrong. They then figure out their mistake and thank the person who helped them. The conversation ends with a mention of another mechanics question.
metalmagik
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6353/mechanicsau9.jpg [Broken]

I have this question for my WebAssign and I am not sure what to do with it. I thoght about how to use the X1 and X2 to get delta r but I really have no idea where to start. Please help! Much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hint: Use the Pythagorean Theorem.

I used it and got 11,624.97312. I entered 11,624.97 into Webassign and it came out a wrong answer. Could someone tell me if this is the right answer and I am entering it wrong or if I completely did this wrong?

I found one leg of the small triangle at the top of the diagram by subtracting 4900-3200, and used X1 as the other leg..then uesd the pythagorean theorem.

nevermind, got the answer, thanks a lot. I've got another mechanics question if anyone's around.

1. What is advanced mechanics problem?

Advanced mechanics problem refers to a complex problem or scenario that requires the application of advanced principles and theories in the field of mechanics to solve. It often involves multiple variables, non-linear relationships, and intricate mathematical calculations.

2. What are some examples of advanced mechanics problems?

Examples of advanced mechanics problems include analyzing the motion of objects in space, predicting the behavior of fluids in a complex system, and designing efficient mechanical systems for high-speed applications.

3. What skills are required to solve advanced mechanics problems?

Solving advanced mechanics problems requires a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and engineering principles. It also requires critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills to approach and solve complex problems effectively.

4. How do scientists approach advanced mechanics problems?

Scientists typically use a systematic approach to solve advanced mechanics problems, starting with defining the problem, identifying relevant principles and equations, and then applying them to the specific scenario. They also use computer simulations and advanced analytical tools to aid in the problem-solving process.

5. Why are advanced mechanics problems important in scientific research?

Advanced mechanics problems are essential in scientific research as they help scientists understand and predict the behavior of complex systems and phenomena. They also allow for the development of new technologies and advancements in various fields such as aerospace, automotive, and biomedical engineering.