Speed of Light = 12000 Lunar Orbits/Earth Day ?

In summary, the conversation is about a website that claims the speed of light is equal to 12000 Lunar Orbits/Earth Day outside the gravitational field. The person asking for help is skeptical and asks for someone to check the calculations. The conversation also includes a discussion on the religious tone of the website.
tdcaupv
Hi everybody ! Hope you're doing fine.
I didn't know where to post this so I decided to do it in the general section.
I've come across a website which deals with speed of light ...
It is said that the speed of light equals 12000 Lunar Orbits/Earth Day outside the gravitational field.
So please if someone could (seriously) check their claimings, I'll be very grateful.
Here are the links:
http://www.speed-light.info/variable_speed_of_light.htm [Broken]
http://www.speed-light.info/speed_of_light_12000.htm

Thank you.

edit: This is an islamic website please don't care about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
I for one am not wasting any time reading this past the quote from the Qu'ran, and the passage trying to link angels with science. I suggest you focus your studies on actual theories that have stood the test of time (like relativity).

I just want someone (if possible) to check the calculations.

Light travels at how many m/s?

The distance of a lunar orbit is approximately 800,000,000 meters (Wikipedia, "lunar orbit").

The number of seconds in a day is up to you to calculate.

The figure you provide is about 2 times too small by my reckoning.

Loren Booda has provided a start for the math so that you can check it yourself, tdcaupv. And the religious tone to the sites you linked goes against the PR Rules. I'm locking the thread for now.

What is the speed of light?

The speed of light is a physical constant that represents the speed at which light travels in a vacuum. It is denoted by the letter "c" and has a value of approximately 299,792,458 meters per second.

How is the speed of light measured?

The speed of light is typically measured using an instrument called a laser interferometer, which sends out a beam of light and measures how long it takes to travel a certain distance. This method has been refined over the years and is now considered the most accurate way to measure the speed of light.

Why is the speed of light often expressed in terms of lunar orbits per Earth day?

The speed of light can be expressed in many different units, but using lunar orbits per Earth day is a common way to conceptualize its immense speed. This unit of measurement helps to put the speed of light into perspective and make it easier to understand.

Is the speed of light constant?

Yes, the speed of light is considered to be a universal constant, meaning it is the same in all reference frames and cannot be exceeded by any object with mass. This was first theorized by Albert Einstein in his theory of special relativity.

What are some practical applications of the speed of light?

The speed of light plays a crucial role in many fields of science and technology. It is used in telecommunications, astronomy, and physics research, and has also been harnessed for practical applications such as laser surgery and fiber optic communication.