Linear Algebra Video Tutorials

In summary, the conversation discusses different links to watch online lectures for linear algebra. One person suggests a link from MIT, while another suggests a set of 34 lectures on YouTube. The conversation also mentions a preference for lectures that include theory and dimensional process, and the update that some of the terminology may be different from what is being learned.
neiraj
Can anyone post the links to watch online lectures for linear algebra?
I would be really greatful.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try this link: http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Mathematics/18-06Spring-2005/CourseHome/index.htm

thanks

thanks dude but do u know any other than this

That's great! Thank you.

I'm in the course now but it's incredibly boring and doesn't deal with the theory, dimensional process, of what we're doing. This is an eye opener from what we've been doing the past two weeks.

Seeing that this video is nearly a decade out of date and that some of the terminology is different from what I'm learning.

This one may help you

http://freevideolectures.com/Mathematics/Linear_Algebra.php [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is linear algebra?

Linear algebra is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of linear equations, vectors, and matrices. It involves the manipulation and analysis of these mathematical objects to solve problems in various fields such as physics, engineering, and computer science.

2. Why are video tutorials helpful for learning linear algebra?

Video tutorials provide a visual and auditory learning experience that can make complex concepts easier to understand. They also allow for self-paced learning and the ability to pause, rewind, and rewatch sections as needed. Additionally, video tutorials often provide step-by-step explanations and examples, making it easier to follow along and apply the concepts.

3. Can I learn linear algebra without a strong background in math?

While a strong foundation in basic math concepts such as algebra and geometry can be helpful, it is not necessary to have a strong background in math to learn linear algebra. Many video tutorials start with the basics and build upon them, making it accessible to those with varying levels of math proficiency.

4. How can I apply linear algebra in real life?

Linear algebra has many practical applications in fields such as engineering, computer science, economics, and physics. For example, it can be used to solve systems of equations in engineering problems, analyze large data sets in computer science, and model economic systems.

5. Are there any free resources for learning linear algebra through video tutorials?

Yes, there are many free resources available online for learning linear algebra through video tutorials. Some popular options include Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and YouTube channels such as 3Blue1Brown and The Math Sorcerer.