Stop Posting Creepy Dating Advice - Seek Professional Help

In summary, this forum is frequented by young people who have doubts and anxieties about relationships. It's inevitable that girls (or boys) will be on their minds. But Cyrus, this forum is frequented by young people. And a lot of young people have doubts and anxieties about relationships. So, I think it's inevitable that girls (or boys) will be on their minds.
Cyrus
No more of these threads. Please stop with them. They are getting old fast. If you are over the age of 18, please turn to friends/family for dating advice. Live and learn, make mistakes and move on. But for God's sake, stop posting in here about some girl that farted in your direction in lecture and now you think she is in love with you. Some of these anti-social posts are downright creepy. Seek professional help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Cyrus said:
No more of these threads. Please stop with them. They are getting old fast. If you are over the age of 18, please turn to friends/family for dating advice. Live and learn, make mistakes and move on. But for God's sake, stop posting in here about some girl that farted in your direction in lecture and now you think she is in love with you. Some of these anti-social posts are downright creepy. Seek professional help.

In some countries that would be considered a wedding vow.:devil:

edward said:
In some countries that would be considered a wedding vow.:devil:

Leave me and my cousin out of this.

hee hee. I saw this thread title and thought, "oh god, Cyrus has fallen in love".

:rofl:

But Cyrus, this forum is frequented by young people. And a lot of young people have doubts and anxieties about relationships.

So, I think it's inevitable that girls (or boys) will be on their minds.

lisab said:
:rofl:

But Cyrus, this forum is frequented by young people. And a lot of young people have doubts and anxieties about relationships.

So, I think it's inevitable that girls (or boys) will be on their minds.

People over 18 should have a clue.

Math Is Hard said:
hee hee. I saw this thread title and thought, "oh god, Cyrus has fallen in love".

I'd like you all to meet Mrs. Cyrus-is-hard, we got married last week in bora bora.

Hiyoooooooo.

lisab said:
this forum is frequented by young people.
It's frequented by physicists - are you going to start asking for fashion advice on programming.reddit?

Cyrus said:
People over 18 should have a clue.

But you've seen some posts on this forum...a lot don't.

lisab said:
But you've seen some posts on this forum...a lot don't.

There is a age where you have to just say...well...too bad kiddo.

There are enough threads out there with advice for the clueless to read up on by using the search function.

mgb_phys said:
It's frequented by physicists - are you going to start asking for fashion advice on programming.reddit?

They post these questions in GD, not quantum mechanics.

Besides, a lot of people here are smart, friendly, and have a lot of life experience - where else might they find such people?

Cyrus said:
I'd like you all to meet Mrs. Cyrus-is-hard, we got married last week in bora bora.

Hiyoooooooo.

Congrats, Cy! You finally found your sole mate... :biggrin:

lisab said:
They post these questions in GD, not quantum mechanics.

Besides, a lot of people here are smart, friendly, and have a lot of life experience - where else might they find such people?

Room mates, or class mates, or friends. You don't build social skills talking to people on a physics forum.

Cyrus said:
Uh, so there's this girl, uh, I'm not sure if she likes me but I think she likes me but I don't know but she might like my best friend but she seems to like me. What should I do?

Math Is Hard said:
Really? I knew it wasn't possible - I knew it must be a rant.

russ_watters said:
Uh, so there's this girl, uh, I'm not sure if she likes me but I think she likes me but I don't know but she might like my best friend but she seems to like me. What should I do?

How many times do I have to tell you. The girl from the internet does not count as a girlfriend.

Cyrus said:

Hiyoooooooo.

No way, dude. Marriages in Bora Bora are not legally binding unless the couple has lived there for at least a month. I looked it up.

QED: I'm not ironing your Perry Ellis socks or making you any koobideh.

Math Is Hard said:
No way, dude. Marriages in Bora Bora are not legally binding unless the couple has lived there for at least a month. I looked it up.

QED: I'm not ironing your Perry Ellis socks or making you any koobideh.

Straight to the moon!

Cyrus said:
Straight to the moon!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cyrus said:
But for God's sake, stop posting in here about some girl that farted in your direction in lecture and now you think she is in love with you.
:rofl: Oh, c'mon, we all know women don't fart in front of men until they've gotten a ring on the finger (and you wonder why so many men think pulling your finger has something to do with it). :uhh:

Math Is Hard said:
I was just confused. Then I thought maybe one had fallen for him and he didn't know how to shake her off, but what are the odds of that? :tongue:

Cyrus said:
Room mates, or class mates, or friends. You don't build social skills talking to people on a physics forum.
Sure you can. If they're physics majors, their classmates and friends may be even more geeky than the folks they meet here. We're not all physics majors here. :wink:

russ_watters said:

Accessorize! This is a good time of year to find a nice selection of gloves for sale. :biggrin: :devil:

I think we need to set up an FAQ thread with links to all these other advice threads. Let's prioritize them. I think before we let them move on to the intermediate course on "Does she like me?" we need to first get them through the introductory, "How do I get dressed in the morning?" threads. :uhh:

Cyrus - you should draft an FAQ thread for GD.

Cyrus said:
How many times do I have to tell you. The girl from the internet does not count as a girlfriend.

Don't feed the troll. If you don't want them to ask these questions - don't answer them, just ignore.

Dear PF,

I'm 58 and need girl advice. I wonder if any total strangers have some insight that is more geared to my situation than I get from people close to me. For instance, when I asked my wife about it she beat a tattoo on my noggin.

Heartbroken (and Headbroken) in Hoboken.

while we're at it can we not have posts asking for people not to make posts.

If you're tired of it don't read them. If no-one responds no-one will post them any more.

neu said:

If you're tired of it don't read them. If no-one responds no-one will post them any more.
I think we should not have posts asking people to not make posts about people not making posts. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:

Yeah, me to, but it looks like in reality... He is just jealous of those that have enough of a life to HAVE girl troubles. o:)

Where can I hide to avoid the wrath of Cyrus?

neu said:

Would people please stop responding to posts asking people not to respond to posts about people not making posts asking people not to make posts. It confuses me.

:cry: I don't think she likes me. :cry:

We were talking on MSN. Had a good conversation like usual. I made her laugh and she said I was cute. Then she said she was busy, I'm not sure why. I have 7 midterms and 11 assignments due Monday, and I have time to talk to her. We do have the same courses so she has the same amount of work as me. Is she lying to me? Is she saying she's busy because she likes someone else? Did I say something wrong?

And then when she said "Bye! Sweet dreams!", she went offline. Usually she will say bye 13 times before heading off and this time it was only once. I miss the usual ending of our MSN conversation...

"Bye! Sweet Dreams!"
*keep talking to her*
"Sweet Dreams!"
*keep talking to her*
"Bye!"
*keep talking to her*
"I need to go bed now. Bye."
*keep talking to her*
"I have school in 5 hours and I need sleep. Bye!"
*keep talking to her*
"Ok, I need to get ready for school now, it's 8am and I have class at 9am. BYE! BYE! BYE!"
*keep talking to her*
"I NEED TO GO TO SCHOOL NOW! GOD!"
*keep talking to her*
...she goes offline...

So, I have this girlfriend I ordered on the internet. We'd like to come over for dinner.

There's just one problem. Someone stole her luggage at the airport so he she doesn't have much clothes. Could we borrow some of yours?

I don't think it matters whether she's the same type as you. She doesn't worry about things like that. By the way, she's crippled. And they stole her wheelchair at the airport when they stole her luggage, so I'll have to carry her. Just so you know. And she doesn't talk much. She's kind of shy that way.

Do you think Bianca and I have any future?

By the way, do you know where I can get rid of a big box?

BobG said:
Do you think Bianca and I have any future?
No, she sounds like a heartless airhead to me.

Cyrus said:

Grow up!
If you don't like something, don't read it. If all people don't like them no one would reply and so no one would post.

You don't have to act inconsiderate/rude towards people who were in a relationship and were mentally instable for few days. Emotions/relationships are very powerful and complex.

Cyrus said:

C'mon they're fun :smile:.

I think we have enough thread to warrant an additional sub-forum about this very issue.

How about a thread about realizing that you're happier alone after a lifetime of trying to accommodate someone else?

I see this constant unhappiness and searching for love among single people.

I don't even know how I would manage to spare the time to date someone. I get home from work mentally exhausted. I do the cat/dog maintenance, eat something, get things ready for work the next morning, go to bed, wake up, go to work, come home exhausted - rinse, repeat.

The weekends are spent running errands, cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking and packaging meals for the coming week, then my reward is a few hours on chat while cooking and doing laundry.

I rarely have the presence of mind to respond thoughtfully to an e-mail, much less actually entertain someone.

Love is for the young and energetic.

I thought Id read the thread/OP wrong.