: mini pond/fountain pump workings

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pump
In summary: DIn summary, the mini pond pump works occasionally and seems to reverse its direction for no apparent reason. This may be a problem if the pump is used to power a waterwheel.

DaveC426913 said:
Then again, the rigid wire ending underwater is probably the best balance of realism and simplicity.

Agreed. I was just trying to figure out how to make it look as if the fish was actually hooked.
Anyhow, I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures. Please keep me informed as to your progress.

How do I know that I have no life? When one of the highest points of my day is talking to you about a plastic fish. :tongue:

<h2>1. How does a mini pond/fountain pump work?</h2><p>A mini pond/fountain pump works by using a motor to spin an impeller, which creates a suction force that draws water into the pump. The water is then forced out through a hose or nozzle, creating a continuous flow.</p><h2>2. What is the difference between a submersible and external mini pond/fountain pump?</h2><p>A submersible pump is designed to be placed directly into the water, while an external pump is usually placed outside of the pond or fountain and connected to a hose or pipe that leads into the water. Submersible pumps are typically smaller and more compact, while external pumps are larger and more powerful.</p><h2>3. How do I choose the right size mini pond/fountain pump for my water feature?</h2><p>The size of the pump you need will depend on the size of your water feature. As a general rule, the pump should be able to circulate the entire volume of water in the feature at least once per hour. So for a 100-gallon pond, you would need a pump with a flow rate of at least 100 gallons per hour.</p><h2>4. How often should I clean and maintain my mini pond/fountain pump?</h2><p>It is recommended to clean and maintain your pump at least once a month. This includes removing any debris or buildup from the intake and impeller, as well as checking and replacing any worn or damaged parts. Regular maintenance will help ensure the longevity and efficiency of your pump.</p><h2>5. Can I use a mini pond/fountain pump for other purposes besides water features?</h2><p>Yes, mini pond/fountain pumps can be used for a variety of purposes, such as circulating water in a fish tank, creating a small waterfall or stream, and even for hydroponic systems. Just make sure to choose a pump with the appropriate flow rate and head height for your specific needs.</p>

1. How does a mini pond/fountain pump work?

A mini pond/fountain pump works by using a motor to spin an impeller, which creates a suction force that draws water into the pump. The water is then forced out through a hose or nozzle, creating a continuous flow.

2. What is the difference between a submersible and external mini pond/fountain pump?

A submersible pump is designed to be placed directly into the water, while an external pump is usually placed outside of the pond or fountain and connected to a hose or pipe that leads into the water. Submersible pumps are typically smaller and more compact, while external pumps are larger and more powerful.

3. How do I choose the right size mini pond/fountain pump for my water feature?

The size of the pump you need will depend on the size of your water feature. As a general rule, the pump should be able to circulate the entire volume of water in the feature at least once per hour. So for a 100-gallon pond, you would need a pump with a flow rate of at least 100 gallons per hour.

4. How often should I clean and maintain my mini pond/fountain pump?

It is recommended to clean and maintain your pump at least once a month. This includes removing any debris or buildup from the intake and impeller, as well as checking and replacing any worn or damaged parts. Regular maintenance will help ensure the longevity and efficiency of your pump.

5. Can I use a mini pond/fountain pump for other purposes besides water features?

Yes, mini pond/fountain pumps can be used for a variety of purposes, such as circulating water in a fish tank, creating a small waterfall or stream, and even for hydroponic systems. Just make sure to choose a pump with the appropriate flow rate and head height for your specific needs.