Convert: Accel. vs. Time Graph to Vel. & Pos. vs Time Graphs?

In summary, to convert an acceleration vs. time graph to a velocity vs. time graph, you can use the formula velocity = initial velocity + acceleration x time. The relationship between the two graphs is that the slope of the velocity graph at any given point is equal to the acceleration at that point on the acceleration graph. To interpret a position vs. time graph from an acceleration vs. time graph, you can integrate the acceleration graph to find the velocity graph, and then integrate the velocity graph to find the position graph. Yes, you can convert an acceleration vs. time graph to a position vs. time graph by integrating the acceleration graph twice. To check the accuracy of your converted velocity vs. time graph, you can compare it to the original
MissJina
http://www.bluemelon.com/missj/myfirstalbum#photo-1201004/T800600

So that ^ is the acceleration vs time graph that I'm working with...I have to fill in Velocity vs Time and Position vs Time Tables...and then draw graphs based on both tables...Can someone please make sure that I've gotten the correct values?? Thank you!

http://www.bluemelon.com/missj/myfirstalbum#photo-1201007/T800600

^ This is my answer...did I do it completely wrong? I was pretty confused...

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks good to me.

Adrian.

1. How do I convert an acceleration vs. time graph to a velocity vs. time graph?

To convert an acceleration vs. time graph to a velocity vs. time graph, you can use the following formula: velocity = initial velocity + acceleration x time. This will give you the slope of the velocity vs. time graph at any given point.

2. What is the relationship between an acceleration vs. time graph and a velocity vs. time graph?

The relationship between an acceleration vs. time graph and a velocity vs. time graph is that the slope of the velocity graph at any given point is equal to the acceleration at that point on the acceleration graph. This means that the two graphs are directly related.

3. How do I interpret a position vs. time graph from an acceleration vs. time graph?

To interpret a position vs. time graph from an acceleration vs. time graph, you can integrate the acceleration graph to find the velocity graph, and then integrate the velocity graph to find the position graph. The position graph will show the displacement of an object over time, while the acceleration graph shows the rate of change of velocity.

4. Can I convert an acceleration vs. time graph to a position vs. time graph?

Yes, you can convert an acceleration vs. time graph to a position vs. time graph by integrating the acceleration graph twice. The first integration will give you the velocity graph, and the second integration will give you the position graph.

5. How do I know if my converted velocity vs. time graph is accurate?

You can check the accuracy of your converted velocity vs. time graph by comparing it to the original acceleration vs. time graph. The slopes of the two graphs should be equal at any given point, and the area under the velocity graph should be equal to the change in position on the position graph.