Electromagnetism learning problem

In summary, you are studying electromag and your professor has an accent that makes it hard to understand him. You are looking for ways to improve your understanding of the material and have found iTunes to be a poor way to do so. You have found some videos on youtube that you think will be helpful.
yemh
hey guys,
I know this might not be good for this part of the site, but I really am stuck.
I have this arabian prof for my electromag course, and his accent is so aweful that I get almost nothing from the class. at first I thought I might try to read it by my self, our textbook is milford's, but it was kinda impossible.heres where I need help,
1) what is the best way to study electromag?
2) do u know any links to watchable lectures? NOT the ones on MIT site because they need real player which I don't have, and not the ones on youtube, just some simple ones that could be played by media player, or the KMP.
I don't want to fail this!

Physics news on Phys.org
You can get the MIT lectures in iTunes. Search Walter Lewin

I did, I downloaded the itune thing and clicked on the lecture, all that showed up on my screen was just a black player and no matter how long I waited, it never loaded. I need siomething a little less problematic, do u know some?

Yes iTunes is a terrible application. You must watch Walter Lewin's lectures though. I would recommend reinstalling iTunes and dealing with it because it will be well worth it.

What level of electromag are you studying? That would help. I would start with looking at ampere's and coulombs' law, so split the elements due to electricity and magnetism up. Then go onto look at Gaussian surface integrals and the Biot Savart law.

EDIT: Great book to use would be Young And freedman University Physics (or the olders copys are by sears and zemansky's)

I use Feynman Volume II and I have an older version on PDF. Contact me if you're interested.

Aren't Walter Lewin's lectures on youtbue?
That's how I watched his videos.

may I know your syllabus? If you tell your specific problems, then may be I can help you?

The book that I used was Halladay and Resnick. It was not great in my opinion but I got from it what I needed. And I recommend that you find a way so that you can use youtube. The Walter Lewin lectures are really great. Maybe try to get your computer fixed up or something?

yemh said:
2) do u know any links to watchable lectures? NOT the ones on MIT site because they need real player which I don't have, and not the ones on youtube, just some simple ones that could be played by media player, or the KMP.
I don't want to fail this!

If you're still here, both SMPlayer and Media Player Classic work for me with MIT videos. SMPlayer needs no installation, and MPC has a very small impact on your system.

1. What is electromagnetism?

Electromagnetism is a branch of physics that deals with the study of the relationship between electricity and magnetism. It involves the concept of electric fields, magnetic fields, and how these fields interact with each other.

2. What is the learning problem in electromagnetism?

The learning problem in electromagnetism refers to the challenge of understanding and predicting the behavior of electromagnetic fields. This involves solving complex equations and understanding the principles of electromagnetism in order to apply them to real-world situations.

3. How can I learn about electromagnetism?

To learn about electromagnetism, one can take courses in physics or engineering that cover the topic. There are also many online resources, such as textbooks and videos, that can provide a deeper understanding of electromagnetism.

4. What are some practical applications of electromagnetism?

Electromagnetism has many practical applications, including the generation and transmission of electricity, the operation of motors and generators, and the functioning of electronic devices such as computers and smartphones. It also plays a crucial role in medical imaging technology, such as MRI machines.

5. What are some current challenges in understanding electromagnetism?

One current challenge in understanding electromagnetism is the development of new materials and technologies that can manipulate electromagnetic fields in more efficient and precise ways. Another challenge is understanding the effects of electromagnetic fields on biological systems and the environment, which can have important implications for health and safety.