PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
  • #3,326
russ_watters said:
I didn't tell anyone I was taking a little vacation (I have a laptop, so I'm still connected), but I'm in Ft Collins, Co right now for a brew fest. I'll be heading out for day 1 soon...

This photo is last night in Estes Park, a little town on the edge of the Rocky Mountain National Park. The drive out there was though a very cool mountain gorge.
Rocky Mountain NP is a great place. I've been there several times.

Have a great time, and don't overdo it. Drink plenty of fluids at those elevations (it's easy to get dehydrated in the drier air) and go easy the first few days.

I made the mistake one time of trying to climb to the continental divide. I carried minimal water (about 1 qt), and by late afternoon, I was pretty tired. By the time I was back in camp, I was pretty ill.

Enjoy, and have a pleasant and safe vacation.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,327
Moonbear said:
And you didn't take me with you?! :grumpy:
I seem to remember you going to Hawaii recently, and I'm reasonably certain I wasn't with you.. So I'm having trouble feeling bad about that.

Anyway, the beer fest was a little small, so we spent most of the day today at Rocky Mountain National Park. Here's me standing on a rock at 12,000 feet.

And one at the beer fest yesterday (it was early).

Attachments

• rock.jpg
    rock.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 601
  • fest.jpg
    fest.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 690
  • #3,328
I'm captivated by the sign on the tent behind you. Monkey balls? Just what kind of festival was this? :uhh:

• #3,329
RM is a magnificent place. Been there hiking and camping.

Is that pic taken off of the flattop mountain?

• #3,330
image-1.jpg

Here's my school pic from this year...

• #3,331
Very nice binzing!

• #3,332
Thank you. Ugh, I hate my pictures. This is the best in a long while, and we didn't order pictures! Crappy scanner.

• #3,334
KirkDamborg said:
this be me
Does the music make you drive faster ?
You play guitar, and box as well ?

• #3,335
I just discovered this thread (how embarrassing that it took me so long :redface:). Here's the most recent photo of myself that I can find, at the rim of Colorado National Monument a few months ago.

Attachments

• Mark on Rim small.jpg
    Mark on Rim small.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 698
  • #3,336
This is me.

Last edited:
  • #3,337
My last picture with long hairs :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=14828&stc=1&d=1217202556.png

Attachments

• me.png
    me.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 921
  • #3,338
Just me with one of my many cars ;)

Attachments

• n206401764_30734950_3218.jpg
    n206401764_30734950_3218.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 653
  • #3,339
Evo said:
You should have donated it. There is a charity that collects hair to make wigs for cancer patients, especially the children.
Earlier this summer, my niece and her teen-aged daughters all had their hair bobbed and donated it to "Locks of Love" - sweeties!

• #3,340
Here's my dumb picture...I like trees...blah, blah!

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 587
  • #3,341
off the left, very cute!

FrancisZ, also cute from what I can make out.

• #3,342
Evo said:
off the left, very cute!

:blushing: ty!

• #3,343
Evo said:
off the left, very cute!

Maybe this is less grumpy of me...then again, maybe not...

Attachments

• Easter07_Jim_DC_Comics 093.jpg
    Easter07_Jim_DC_Comics 093.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 619
  • #3,344
Smiling despite the blinding sun. :smile:

• #3,345
Evo said:
Smiling despite the blinding sun. :smile:

It's a part...of my Forrest Gump fantasy! :)

• #3,346
You'll have to perfect the Spock. Curious captain.

• #3,347
cristo said:
I've not posted a pic in a while, and since this has been bumped up again, here's a recent one of me looking unimpressed at having my picture taken. I've not quite grasped the raised eyebrow look, yet! :uhh:
Wow, you look so young, and so adorable. :biggrin:

• #3,348
Kurdt said:
You'll have to perfect the Spock. Curious captain.
:rofl: I doubt that'll happen anytime soon!

Evo said:
Wow, you look so young, and so adorable. :biggrin:

:blushing: Aww, thanks.. I don't look that young though, do I?! Meh.. guess that's a good thing!

• #3,349
cristo said:
:blushing: Aww, thanks.. I don't look that young though, do I?! Meh.. guess that's a good thing!
I would guess you to be 15. :tongue2:

You'll be glad in 20 years that you are young looking, trust me.

So, young, handsome, smarter than heck, and the wisdom of a sage.

Seriously, if you ever break up with your girlfriend you can have The Evo Child, she's street legal again. :biggrin: I'll toss in a sizeable dowry.

eccroppedki8.jpg

She's not hunchbacked, she's bending down to get near her best friend that I cut out of the picture.

• #3,350
Okay. At last I have found an actual portrait. Get your dartboards ready :redface: Vanity, thy name is francis...

Attachments

• ohh.jpg
    ohh.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 546
  • #3,351
cristo said:
:rofl: I doubt that'll happen anytime soon!

Don't feel bad about looking young. People always think I'm 16. Guess I could afford to have a few more wiskers here or there.

• #3,352
FrancisZ said:
Okay. At last I have found an actual portrait. Get your dartboards ready :redface: Vanity, thy name is francis...
Oh, I love that one!

• #3,353
Evo said:
I would guess you to be 15. :tongue2:
15? :grumpy:

So, young, handsome, smarter than heck, and the wisdom of a sage.
Now you really are making me blush! Think I'll have to ask you to write my next reference though, saying things like that!

Seriously, if you ever break up with your girlfriend you can have The Evo Child, she's street legal again. :biggrin: I'll toss in a sizeable dowry.

eccroppedki8.jpg

She's not hunchbacked, she's bending down to get near her best friend that I cut out of the picture.
She is very attractive (and doesn't look hunchbacked at all :smile:) I'd bet she's the cutest computer science student in her year!

• #3,354
Evo said:

Photoshop time! I'm going to put the Burger King in mine (photo of me I mean) :) That way I'll never be lonely again.

• #3,355
FrancisZ said:

Maybe this is less grumpy of me...then again, maybe not...

I like your profile picture, you remind me of Matt Damon.

• #3,356
Evo said:
Oh, I love that one!

I have plans of putting it on the side of a milk carton, and then leaving it conspicuously in the refrigerator at home.

• #3,357
cristo said:
Well, from where Evo and I are, you look that young. :biggrin:

• #3,358
cristo said:
15? :grumpy:

Now you really are making me blush! Think I'll have to ask you to write my next reference though, saying things like that!

She is very attractive (and doesn't look hunchbacked at all :smile:) I'd bet she's the cutest computer science student in her year!
She's pre-med, you're thinking of her older sister, who is now applying to med school instead of completing her computer science degree.

• #3,359
FrancisZ said:
Photoshop time! I'm going to put the Burger King in mine (photo of me I mean) :) That way I'll never be lonely again.

You mean you'll never look lonely :wink: .

• #3,360
Cyrus said:
I like your profile picture, you remind me of Matt Damon.

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about that photograph. Usually it's: "Dude, why are you so mad?"

I can't help it though. It's either I look like Larry Fine in smiley pictures or stone face. I guess my hero ought to be Buster Keaton.