Tightening Loose Skin: Solutions and Treatments

• Thread starter dreamingofouterspace
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Skin
In summary, plastic surgery is the only way to remove excess skin caused by liposuction or other factors, such as aging. Exercise can help prevent loose skin, but it is not a guaranteed solution. Websites and forums, such as tedlockwood.com and sci.life-extension, offer information on keeping skin youthful and preventing skin aging.
dreamingofouterspace
Is there a way that you can fix/tighten loose skin? Like if somebody had liposuction and as a result they had loose skin, or if somebody had a bump somewhere (like a hemmorhoid) and when it disappeared loose skin was left, could they fix it somehow? I mean, they can sort of fix wrinkles and stuff on people's faces with botox and laser resurfacing and things like that right?

Biology news on Phys.org
Plastic surgery to remove the excess skin can be done.

dreamingofouterspace said:
Is there a way that you can fix/tighten loose skin? Like if somebody had liposuction and as a result they had loose skin, or if somebody had a bump somewhere (like a hemmorhoid) and when it disappeared loose skin was left, could they fix it somehow? I mean, they can sort of fix wrinkles and stuff on people's faces with botox and laser resurfacing and things like that right?
And what is the point of this question? :tongue2:

My friend wanted to get liposuction (but she's not really fat) and she said she was worried about having loose skin afterwards because it said on some website that she read that that could happen afterwards

My friend wanted to get liposuction (but she's not really fat) and she said she was worried about having loose skin afterwards because it said on some website that she read that that could happen afterwards
All she'd have to do is excersize to get rid of it.

Yah but she was just wondering about the loose skin thing and that's why I asked

So the only thing that could get rid of it is plastic surgery?

Yah but she was just wondering about the loose skin thing and that's why I asked

So the only thing that could get rid of it is plastic surgery?
exersize gets rid of loose skin. AFTER LYPOSUCTION! :tongue2:

Aged skin as the cause of post-liposuction skin looseness

This website says the problem is aged skin:
http://www.tedlockwood.com/lipobody.htm

--
REALITY: Youthful, elastic skin tightens smoothly after liposuction. Thin, weak, inelastic, aged, sun-damaged, or stretch-marked skin does not tighten smoothly after liposuction
--

Lef.org has information on keeping skin youthful.
http://search.lef.org/src-cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=16&EXTRA_ARG=&host_id=42&page_id=5703680&query=skin&hiword=skin+

Another good resource is the newsgroup sci.life-extension:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.life-extension/search?hl=en&group=sci.life-extension&q=skin+aging

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What causes loose skin?

Loose skin is typically caused by a decrease in collagen and elastin production, which are proteins that give skin its elasticity and firmness. This can occur due to aging, weight loss, or sun damage.

2. Can exercise help tighten loose skin?

While regular exercise can improve muscle tone, it cannot directly tighten loose skin. However, building muscle can help fill out loose skin and give a more toned appearance.

3. What are some non-surgical treatments for tightening loose skin?

Non-surgical options for tightening loose skin include laser treatments, radiofrequency therapy, and ultrasound therapy. These treatments stimulate collagen production and can improve the appearance of loose skin.

4. Is surgery the only option for significant loose skin?

Surgery, such as a tummy tuck or facelift, is often the most effective option for significant loose skin. However, it is important to consult with a doctor to determine the best treatment plan for your specific situation.

5. Are there any natural remedies for tightening loose skin?

While there is no scientific evidence to support the effectiveness of natural remedies, some people claim that ingredients like aloe vera, coconut oil, and egg whites can help tighten loose skin. It is important to consult with a doctor before trying any natural remedies.