I'm probably posting in the wrong area, but where can i find the

• Thread starter omgitsroy326
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Area
In summary,You can find the Modulus of Elasticity for different types of steel on websites like www.matweb.com. However, these sites may not list all the specific differences between materials, so it's important to do further research to ensure the material is suitable for your project. Additionally, it's important to consider potential factors like monatomic oxygen that may impact a material's performance.
omgitsroy326
I'm probably posting in the wrong area, but where can i find the Modulus for different type of steel? Is there any sites that list this?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Here are some typical values that i took directly off my Engineering Materials Textbook, but i don't know if this is what your looking for?
You looking for elasticity? shear? resilience? rupture?

Modulus of Elasticity (GPa):

Aluminum 69
Brass 97
Copper 110
Magnesium 45
Nickel 207
Steel 207
Titanium 107
Tungsten 407

Shear Modulus (GPa): (same order, top -> first, bottom -> last)
25, 37, 46, 17, 76, 83, 45, 160

www.matweb.com is an online listing of materials resources.

The only downside is you can't really tell what the specific differences are between the materials. For example: I used the site to find an aluminum alloy for use in a group project. My fear is that there are properties about the alloy which aren't listed which will make it an unideal choice.

Professor: "Those are nice calculations you've spent the last 4 weeks working on. Unfortunately, the alloy you picked breaks down readily in the presence of monatomic oxygen, and is therefore an extremely poor choice for the skin of a spacecraft ."

enigma: "DOH!"

1. Where can I find the right area to post my question?

There are a few options for finding the right area to post your question. You can try searching for a specific category or topic that relates to your question, or you can browse through the different forums and categories to find one that seems most appropriate. You can also try reaching out to the website or forum moderators for guidance on where to post your question.

2. How do I know if I'm posting in the wrong area?

If you're unsure whether you're posting in the wrong area, you can check the forum rules and guidelines to see if your question aligns with the purpose of the forum. Additionally, you can read through some of the other posts in the forum to get a sense of the types of discussions that typically take place there.

3. What should I do if I accidentally post in the wrong area?

If you realize that you've posted in the wrong area, the best course of action is to reach out to the website or forum moderators and ask them to move your post to the correct area. They will likely be able to assist you and ensure that your question gets the appropriate attention and responses.

4. Why is it important to post in the right area?

Posting in the right area is important for a few reasons. First, it helps keep the forum organized and makes it easier for other users to find and respond to your question. Additionally, posting in the right area ensures that your question reaches the right audience and increases the likelihood of receiving helpful and accurate responses.

5. Can I get in trouble for posting in the wrong area?

In most cases, accidentally posting in the wrong area will not result in any consequences. However, continuously posting in the wrong area despite being advised otherwise by moderators may result in your account being flagged or suspended. It's always best to double check before posting to avoid any potential issues.