How Bill Gates' Wealth Could Benefit Every Person on Earth

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Earth
In summary: It would be like the world's economy crashing and then getting back up to where it was before.In summary, Bill Gates' entire wealth could be shared among the world's population and they would each receive $4.04.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
According to an article in the Daily Expreess, if bill gatees' entire wealth was shared amoung the whole worlds population, they would get £4.04 each :grumpy:

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
According to an article in the Daily Expreess, if bill gatees' entire wealth was shared amoung the whole worlds population, they would get £4.04 each :grumpy:

But Bill gates doesn't need to do so. Although it may seem unfair that some are extremely rich, its not exactly that they stole the money. They earned it, maybe some of the time not fairly, but acceptable.

bull****. Gates has more than 24billion pounds. He gave away 28 billion to charity just last year! (although this is in dollars)

Did I do the math right?

4.04 x 6,000,000,000 (that's six billion right? 9 zeros?) = 24,240,000,000.

Oh wait a billion is TWELVE zeros. Right.

Okay well it doesn't really matter. According to forbes he's worth 46 billion dollars. So if he gave away all his money everyone in the world would get roughly 7 billion dollars.

46/6=7.6 reoccuring.

Now, unless the Dollar has plumetted recently 7 billion dollars is still worth more than 4.04 pounds.

Bladibla said:
But Bill gates doesn't need to do so. Although it may seem unfair that some are extremely rich, its not exactly that they stole the money. They earned it, maybe some of the time not fairly, but acceptable.

Hmmm, i wonder how many, " earn", this type of money, after all IT and the
internet are a form of addiction.

Most of that 46 billion is locked up in shares though. I recently heard that Roman Abramovich the russian owner of chelsea football club has the most cash to spend and that's (only) about 7-8 billion pounds.

Smurf said:
Oh wait a billion is TWELVE zeros. Right.
Okay well it doesn't really matter. According to forbes he's worth 46 billion dollars. So if he gave away all his money everyone in the world would get roughly 7 billion dollars.
46/6=7.6 reoccuring.
Now, unless the Dollar has plumetted recently 7 billion dollars is still worth more than 4.04 pounds.
46 billion / 6 billion = 7.6 dollars
how is that 7.6 billion? because its not
?

Last edited:
Bill Gates did not "steal" that money? I guess that depends on your definition of steal :smile:

moose, you must remember to ignore smurf while he is doing math (he gets confused easily :smile: )

Smurf said:
So if he gave away all his money everyone in the world would get roughly 7 billion dollars.
Wanna try that one again...?

So that's where you get your ideas about economics! :biggrin:

Yah, 7 dollars each, Smurf. but I like the idea of 28 bn for my family...

There are only six people in Smurf's world. All the rest of us are just figments of his imagination.

Andy said:
Most of that 46 billion is locked up in shares though. I recently heard that Roman Abramovich the russian owner of chelsea football club has the most cash to spend and that's (only) about 7-8 billion pounds.

He could, in theory, liquidate all of his net worth, but it would probably take a while and be disastrous to the industries he's invested in.

moose said:
46 billion / 6 billion = 7.6 dollars
how is that 7.6 billion? because its not
?
You know. I made that mistake all the time in Math 11. You'd think I woulda learned by now.

I wish I could just drop out of college like he did...

TheStatutoryApe said:
There are only six people in Smurf's world. All the rest of us are just figments of his imagination.
I don't know who you think you're fooling, but I know everyone here is part of a computer simulation created for my entertainment. I'm the only one on this entire forum who is real.

Prove me wrong.

russ_watters said:
Prove me wrong.
I think, therefore I am. I know I exist, therefore I exist.

I have just proven my existence. Therefore you are wrong. This proof does not change just because you choose not to believe me. My existence does not depend on your admission of my existence. You are wrong regardless of wether you know it.

The truth is though, I have no way of knowing if *you* exist. Only that I know I do.

Man... 7 billion dollars... when do i get my fair share...

And what's this BS about stealing. He didn't walk into your houes and take your wallet, you gave it to him. Just because you got reamed and decided you wanted more doesn't mean he steals.

I just wish i was as smart/sneaky as him to do something similar and make billions of pounds.

Pengwuino said:
Man... 7 billion dollars... when do i get my fair share...

And what's this BS about stealing. He didn't walk into your houes and take your wallet, you gave it to him. Just because you got reamed and decided you wanted more doesn't mean he steals.

Could you imagine the inflation if everyone in the world got 7 billion

And yes, anyone technically could have done what he did, plus, all of you using microsoft products are helping him :tongue: (which includes me)

And just a minor point of clarification here:
mattmns said:
Bill Gates did not "steal" that money? I guess that depends on your definition of steal.
People often say he got his money by stealing it, but it is important to note that Bill Gates has been the richest man in the world since 1993, long before the anti-trust issues that started with Windows 95 and Internet Explorer ('96)(there were rumblings earlier, but nothing came of them).

The only thing he can be reasonably accused of prior to that is some slightly shady ethics in playing the game better than Steve Jobs or Xerox. Jobs gave Microsoft the ideas that became Windows after Xerox gave them to Jobs.
http://www.forbes.com/2003/09/18/cx_ld_0918gates400s.html

Last edited:

1. How much wealth does Bill Gates have?

As of 2021, Bill Gates' net worth is estimated to be over $130 billion USD.

2. How could Bill Gates' wealth benefit every person on Earth?

Through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has already donated billions of dollars to various causes such as global health, education, and poverty alleviation. He continues to use his wealth to fund research and initiatives that aim to improve the lives of people around the world.

3. What specific initiatives or projects has Bill Gates funded with his wealth?

Some examples of initiatives and projects funded by Bill Gates include the development of vaccines for diseases like malaria and polio, improving access to clean water and sanitation, and providing financial support for smallholder farmers in developing countries.

4. How does Bill Gates' wealth distribution compare to other billionaires?

Bill Gates is currently one of the wealthiest individuals in the world, but he is also known for his philanthropic efforts and commitment to giving back. In comparison to other billionaires, he has donated a larger percentage of his wealth to charitable causes.

5. Can Bill Gates' wealth solve all global issues?

While Bill Gates' wealth has the potential to make a significant impact on global issues, it is not a solution to all problems. Other factors such as political, social, and economic systems also play a role in addressing global issues. However, his wealth can certainly contribute to finding solutions and improving the lives of people around the world.