Physics forums - scrolls right to the bottom of the page

• Thread starter spacecadet11
  • Start date
In summary, the person was having an issue with the physics forums website automatically scrolling to the bottom of the page. They were advised to try using a different computer or browser, but the issue persisted. It was later discovered that the issue was caused by the default link they were using, which directed them to a specific page on the website. When they used the main website link, the issue was resolved.
spacecadet11
Hello. When I first go to the physics forums web site...the site or the computer by default
scrolls right to the bottom of the page.

Is there a way I can prevent this?

Thx
SC

Physics news on Phys.org
Sure, use another computer :wink:

Seriously - no idea what is happening, but you are the first person ever to report this type of problem, so I bet it must be somehow related to your configuration/software installed/browser/OS combination.

Can you try another browser?

Does the URL have a hashtag in it?

Response

Borek said:
Sure, use another computer :wink:

Seriously - no idea what is happening, but you are the first person ever to report this type of problem, so I bet it must be somehow related to your configuration/software installed/browser/OS combination.

Can you try another browser?

Tried internet explorer and firefox...same issue. I'll work with it

Response

Greg Bernhardt said:
Does the URL have a hashtag in it?

No. I looked on the address line.

Does it happen only at PF?

If I accidentally hit the scroll wheel in the middle of my mouse, the page will scroll down to the bottom without stopping unless I hit the wheel again. I don't know if this is causing your problem as I don't know why you would only do this when you come to PF. Just so happens I only accidentally do it on PF.

Response

Borek said:
Does it happen only at PF?

I fixed it. By default the link I was using was by default sending me to a certain page in physics forums defaulted
to the bottom of the page.

I am using another link ..basically physicsforums.com and it is sending me to the main page..defaulted to the top.

Good
Bye
SC

Last edited by a moderator:
spacecadet11 said:
I fixed it. By default the link I was using was by default sending me to a certain page in physics forums defaulted
to the bottom of the page.

I am using another link ..basically physicsforums.com and it is sending me to the main page..defaulted to the top.

Good
Bye
SC

Glad its sorted!

1. What is the purpose of Physics forums?

Physics forums serve as an online platform for scientists, researchers, and students to discuss and exchange ideas on various topics related to physics. It also provides a space for individuals to ask and answer questions, share resources, and engage in debates.

2. Can anyone participate in discussions on Physics forums?

Yes, anyone with an interest in physics can participate in discussions on Physics forums. However, it is recommended to have a basic understanding of physics concepts and principles to actively contribute to the conversations.

3. Are the answers on Physics forums reliable?

The reliability of answers on Physics forums can vary. It is always recommended to cross-check the information provided and consider the credentials of the person answering the question. The platform also has moderators who monitor the discussions and ensure that the information shared is accurate.

4. What topics are discussed on Physics forums?

Physics forums cover a wide range of topics, including classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, relativity, astrophysics, and more. Discussions can also include recent developments and advancements in the field of physics.

5. Can I ask a specific question on Physics forums?

Yes, you can ask specific questions related to physics on Physics forums. However, it is recommended to use the search function first to see if a similar question has already been asked and answered. It helps to avoid duplicate questions and provides you with a quicker response.