Notifications of other threads

• Thread starter gfd43tg
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker noticed on the mobile app that they are receiving notifications when other people post threads in a forum they have also posted in. They are unsure if this is a bug or if there is a way to remove these notifications. Additionally, they were asked if they have subscribed to the forum and were advised to check their subscription settings in the non-mobile version of the forum.
gfd43tg
Gold Member
I just noticed on the mobile app that I get notifications when other people post threads in a forum that I posted a thread in. This just started happening recently and I wonder if it's a bug or if there is a way to remove that type of notification

Physics news on Phys.org
Maylis said:
I just noticed on the mobile app that I get notifications when other people post threads in a forum that I posted a thread in. This just started happening recently and I wonder if it's a bug or if there is a way to remove that type of notification

Notifications from within the app or external push notifications?

Notifications within the app

Maylis said:
Notifications within the app

Try disabling push notifications in settings.

Did you subscribed to the forum? You can see your subscribed forums in the https://www.physicsforums.com/usercp.php [Broken] (better use the non-mobile version to check that). There are different subscription types, with or without email notifications.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are notifications of other threads?

Notifications of other threads refer to updates or alerts that are received by users about new or existing discussions or conversations happening in other threads on a platform or forum.

2. How do I receive notifications of other threads?

The method of receiving notifications of other threads varies depending on the platform or forum. Typically, users can opt-in to receive notifications via email, push notifications on their devices, or by subscribing to specific threads.

3. Can I customize my notifications of other threads?

Yes, many platforms and forums allow users to customize their notification settings for other threads. This may include choosing which threads to receive notifications for, the frequency of notifications, and the method of receiving notifications.

4. Are notifications of other threads important?

It depends on the individual's preferences and the platform or forum. For some users, receiving notifications of other threads can be crucial for staying updated on discussions that interest them. However, for others, it may not be as important, and they may choose to disable notifications altogether.

5. How can I stop receiving notifications of other threads?

If you no longer wish to receive notifications of other threads, you can typically adjust your notification settings on the platform or forum. Some platforms may also offer an option to unsubscribe from specific threads or opt-out of notifications entirely.