Can a cute dog also be a fierce hunter?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, Daniel's dog is cute, and his older daughter's dog is also cute. His sister is giving him a hamster in a few months, and he is looking forward to it.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
My dog is cute!

This is my best friend and constant companion.

Attachments

• ricco6.jpg
    ricco6.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 831
  • ricco4.jpg
    ricco4.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 426
  • ricco5a.jpg
    ricco5a.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 847
Physics news on Phys.org
It's absolutely gorgeous, Evo!
I'm usually most fond of labradors and rottweilers, but your cuddly friend is simply adorable.

wanna know something that sounds pathetic, but really isn't. My best friends are here.

Yep - definitely cute.

You're cute too, Tribdog. *pats Tribdog* Don't want any rivalries now. :biggrin:

Are you saying that Tsu is your dog?

Great pictures! Wish I could say the same about my almost 1 year old kitten...she is full of trouble and usually when I come home, I find her water dish spilled all over the kitchen floor, some sort of picture or paper shredded, or my computer desk has been cleared off of anything she can swipe away (not the computer luckily).

Very cute doggie! I just noticed that the middle picture looks like the same pose you use for your avatar photo! It's a good angle for both of you. Well, at least if you're going to risk starting to look like your dog, you picked a cute one.

Moonbear said:
Very cute doggie! I just noticed that the middle picture looks like the same pose you use for your avatar photo! It's a good angle for both of you. Well, at least if you're going to risk starting to look like your dog, you picked a cute one.
I was just thinking the same thing, where the camera sits, if you're looking at the monitor, that's the angle. He was looking at himself in the monitor in the second picture. :biggrin:

This was actually my older daughter's dog, but she wasn't home enough to take care of it, so she gave it to me. Tomorrow she is giving me her cat because she's decided she's allergic to it. She's decided to replace it with a hamster. In a few months I will have a hamster. :rolleyes: Thank goodness she doesn't like snakes. :bugeye:

Does she know hamsters are nocturnal? They'll stay up all night on that little squeaky running wheel, and can be pretty grouchy if you want to play with them during the day.

Mine is pertty cute to.

http://home.comcast.net/~rossgr1/littlebear.JPG [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a gremlin... run! :biggrin:

Three breeds I like: golden retriever (on #2 and #3 now), alaskan malamute, german shepherd

Oh, another cute doggy! Now I'm wishing I had a dog again! :frown: But, I'm just not home enough to be a good mommy to a dog.

Moonbear said:
Oh, another cute doggy! Now I'm wishing I had a dog again! :frown: But, I'm just not home enough to be a good mommy to a dog.

I have two here you can have :rofl:

It is very nice!
I like it very much!

Evo said:
In a few months I will have a hamster.
Becareful when you have an hamster and a cat.. my sister came home one day to find bits of pieces of hamster on the living room floor.. somehow the cat had caught it from its cage :bugeye: :yuck:

A dog I'd love is this one
http://www.encore-editions.com/dogs/darling/darling2/thumb/thm_thm_pyr%20in%20the%20snow%20copy.jpg [Broken]
a great pyrenees

Last edited by a moderator:
To Monique:Now THAT is a fine dog...:approve: However,you know that de gustibus ...:wink:

Daniel.

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
Oh, another cute doggy! Now I'm wishing I had a dog again! :frown:
hey, you dumped me.

Evo, is that the JAWS OF DEATH you've been talking about,or the other one? :confused:

Integral, my brother has a dog like that one. It barks constantly. In an effort to get it to shut up he bought a shock collar. I was curious as to how shock collars work so I put it on my neck. I made a barking noise and it gave me a warning beep, I barked a second time and WHAM! ! it shot a bolt of lightning into my neck. I screamed in surprise and WHAM! it got me again.its a neverending cycle. once the batteries died and I quit twitching I refused to let them put that torture device on the dog.

Bladibla said:
Evo, is that the JAWS OF DEATH you've been talking about,or the other one? :confused:
The JAWS OF DEATH is an insane inbred yellow labrador that is at least ten times the size of this one.

This one has never chewed anything it wasn't supposed to. o:) This dog likes fruit salad and sauteed veggies.

Aww, Integral, it's a cutie!

Monique, that is a very pretty dog!

When I was little, my brother's evil hamster ate the head off my hamster. I kept telling my mom that his hamster was biting mine and to put it in a different cage. Then one morning... :cry:

Baaaaaaaad hamster...:yuck: I would have liked to introduce him to my evil,black cat Suzy...:devil:

Daniel.

Evo said:
The JAWS OF DEATH is an insane inbred yellow labrador that is at least ten times the size of this one.

This one has never chewed anything it wasn't supposed to. o:) This dog likes fruit salad and sauteed veggies.

A dog that likes vegetables..? :confused:

Bladibla said:
A dog that likes vegetables..? :confused:
You should see him when I have a salad, he goes nuts. He loves tomatoes. Fresh fruit is his favorite though, especially grapes.

tribdog said:
Integral, my brother has a dog like that one. It barks constantly. In an effort to get it to shut up he bought a shock collar. I was curious as to how shock collars work so I put it on my neck. I made a barking noise and it gave me a warning beep, I barked a second time and WHAM! ! it shot a bolt of lightning into my neck. I screamed in surprise and WHAM! it got me again.its a neverending cycle. once the batteries died and I quit twitching I refused to let them put that torture device on the dog.
I here you about the barking, I cannot imagine putting such a device on a Pom! I would bet that they are designed with a Lab sized dog in mind, a poor little Pom would not stand a chance.

Oh, yeah our little guy's official name is Sir BarksaBearylot, other wise know as Little Bear (or now that he is a whopping 12lb, Little barrel)

Evo said:
You should see him when I have a salad, he goes nuts. He loves tomatoes. Fresh fruit is his favorite though, especially grapes.

You have very unnatural pets evo.. All my dog would do is growl at me, and eat, and sleep. :confused:

I'd want to replace my dog for a wolf.. if i had a tame one avaliable.

Last edited:
A dog I'd love is this one

a great pyrenees
Our astro department has a "department beast" which is a great pyrenees. It's not uncommon to have him hang out in the back of a classroom and he's very huggable! :smile:
http://smaug.astr.cwru.edu/heather/jack/jack.html

Evo said:
When I was little, my brother's evil hamster ate the head off my hamster. I kept telling my mom that his hamster was biting mine and to put it in a different cage. Then one morning... :cry:
Hey, that sounds familiar. My sister used to have hamsters and sometimes she'd find one decapitated :yuck: :yuck: I don't like hamsters..

Monique said:
Hey, that sounds familiar. My sister used to have hamsters and sometimes she'd find one decapitated :yuck: :yuck: I don't like hamsters..

Yeah, they don't play nice together, are amazing escape artists, and can be generally grouchy toward their owners (definitely not suitable for children, in my opinion; they don't tolerate a little awkward handling). Though, they are sooooooo cute.

Moonbear said:
Though, they are sooooooo cute.

...Nerds turned pirates...?Yaaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhh,me agree...:tongue2:

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
...Nerds turned pirates...?Yaaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhh,me agree...:tongue2:

Daniel.

Yaaarrhh, but I be needin' a new parrot. Do they be makin' Gummi parrots? Tastier for bitin' their 'eads off.

To make an attempt to turn this thread back to its original theme,why don't you try to bite the head off a dog,preferably a Pitbull/Rottweiler...?:wink: :tongue2:

Daniel.

Are ye suggestin' a mutiny there matey? We pirates've taken over GD, and anyone attemptin' a mutiny will be walkin' the plank, ye will!

That's MY THREAD,I AM GOING TO KILL IT,no matter who's going to oppose it...:devil:

Daniel.

P.S.What pirates are u dreamin'about,hunny...?