Cyclopse Cat lived for one day

• Thread starter scott1
  • Start date
In summary: They say the the AP writer got ahold of the origianl memory card and that there are several differnt angles and a correct sequence. I guess he thinks that they are basicly unfakeable. Also, I guess the lady is preserving it in a freexer in case any scientists want to look at it.In summary, the image is fake, but it is interesting nonetheless.
scott1
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060109/480/nyet27501091906'
It only lived for one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
Poor little thing. I'm surprised the mother cat didn't make a meal of it, that sometimes happens even with healthy kittens.

I've seen quite a few human fetal cyclopes preserved in formalin in my Path museum. 'Fetal monsterism' - somehow that term never got considered un-PC and replaced by some other euphemism.

Poor little thing. It only lived for one day. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

But it looks really cool! Its like an alien or something, but its still cute. :smile:

Mk said:
Its like an alien or something
I almost thought it was an alien.

What I find strange about the pic -
The "eye" is significantly larger than normal kitten eyes would be at that postnatal time.
Kittens are born with their eyes closed and do not open them for at least several days and this one supposedly only survived one day.
The singular form of Cyclops is not spelled with an "es".

Based on this, my general impression about the picture and what I know can be easily done in Photoshop, I'm hesitant to believe it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I followed the same logic. It is associated Press, but I'll hedge my bets.

DocToxyn said:
What I find strange about the pic -
The "eye" is significantly larger than normal kitten eyes would be at that postnatal time.
Kittens are born with their eyes closed and do not open them for at least several days and this one supposedly only survived one day.
The singular form of Cyclops is not spelled with an "es".
Based on this, my general impression about the picture and what I know can be easily done in Photoshop, I'm hesitant to believe it.

Interestingly, the human fetal Cyclopes I've seen seemed to have eyes that were significantly larger than a normal fetal/neonatal eye. Also, the eye was exposed, the fused set of eyelids presumably not having enough reach to cover the organ.

I've not seen fetal cyclopes of other mammals, but from my memory of what human fetal monsters look like, I don't see a reason to doubt the authenticity of this image.

It's the InterWeb, I doubt by default.

Here is another mythical cyclopscat, straight from ogrish.com:

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/7979/cycloop11fw.jpg
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/4563/cycloop20sd.jpg

PIT2 said:
Here is another mythical cyclopscat, straight from ogrish.com:
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/7979/cycloop11fw.jpg
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/4563/cycloop20sd.jpg
That looks very fake...

Yeah, that one's fake.

I saw another article about it soewhere.

They say the the AP writer got ahold of the origianl memory card and that there are several differnt angles and a correct sequence. I guess he thinks that they are basicly unfakeable. Also, I guess the lady is preserving it in a freexer in case any scientists want to look at it.

1. What is the story of "Cyclopse Cat lived for one day"?

The story of "Cyclopse Cat lived for one day" is a fictional tale about a cat born with a single eye in the center of its forehead. The story follows the cat's life as it navigates through a world that is not always accepting of its differences.

2. Is "Cyclopse Cat lived for one day" based on a true story?

No, "Cyclopse Cat lived for one day" is a work of fiction and is not based on a true story. It is meant to be a thought-provoking and heartwarming tale about acceptance and embracing uniqueness.

3. What is the main message of "Cyclopse Cat lived for one day"?

The main message of "Cyclopse Cat lived for one day" is that it is important to accept and embrace our differences and the differences of others. It also highlights the importance of empathy and understanding towards those who may be different from us.

4. Who is the author of "Cyclopse Cat lived for one day"?

The author of "Cyclopse Cat lived for one day" is unknown. It is believed to be a folk tale that has been passed down through generations, with various versions and adaptations.

5. What can we learn from "Cyclopse Cat lived for one day"?

"Cyclopse Cat lived for one day" teaches us about the power of acceptance and the beauty of diversity. It also reminds us to look beyond physical appearances and to see the individual for who they truly are. Additionally, it emphasizes the importance of being kind and understanding towards others, regardless of their differences.