Where Can I Find a Concise Book on Quantum Physics Similar to Resnick and Brehm?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the request for a book on Quantum Physics that is concise and at the level of Resnick and Brehm. The person suggests Quantum Physics by Alistair I. M. Rae and Quantum Theory: A very short introduction by J. Polkinghorne as possible options. They also mention the book Introductory Quantum Mechanics by Liboff and E. Anderson's Modern Physics and QM as potential recommendations. The person requesting the book clarifies that they are looking for an introduction to quantums without too much mathematics, similar to Liboff's book.
ynuo
I am looking for a book containing a concise treatment of Quantum Physics at the level of Resnick and Brehm. I find these two books to be a bit wordy. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you very much for your help.

Physics news on Phys.org
A very brief introduction which I used extensively in my second year is Quantum Physics by Alistair I. M. Rae. It appears quite a bit more basic than the titles you suggest, but it's concise and fairly clear. More of a handbook.

Quantum Theory: A very short introduction by J. Polkinghorne.
Maybe, I don't know what level you are after.

I am looking for books not at the level of Sakurai and Ramamurti Shankar (Graduate level).

If you're looking for an introduction to quantums without too much mathematics, my choice is good.

Introductory Quantum Mechanics by Liboff might be the closest match for what you're looking for, both in level and in style.

Check out a copy from your college library of E. Anderson's Modern Physics and QM (now out of print). It's surprisingly readable and competent.

1. What is Quantum Physics?

Quantum Physics is a branch of physics that deals with the behavior of matter and energy at a very small scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles. It explains the fundamental principles of nature that govern the behavior of these particles.

2. What are the key concepts in Quantum Physics?

The key concepts in Quantum Physics include wave-particle duality, uncertainty principle, superposition, entanglement, and quantum tunneling. These concepts describe the behavior of particles at a quantum level and help us understand the fundamental nature of the universe.

3. What are some real-world applications of Quantum Physics?

Quantum Physics has many practical applications in our daily lives, such as in electronics, computing, and medical imaging. It is also used in advanced technologies like quantum cryptography, quantum teleportation, and quantum computing.

4. What are some recommended books on Quantum Physics?

Some popular books on Quantum Physics include "Quantum Physics for Beginners" by Zbigniew Ficek, "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, "Quantum Physics: A Beginner's Guide" by Alastair Rae, "Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman, and "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David J. Griffiths.

5. Is it necessary to have a background in physics to understand Quantum Physics books?

While having a background in physics can certainly help in understanding Quantum Physics, it is not a requirement. Many books on Quantum Physics are written in a way that is accessible to non-experts and do not require a deep understanding of physics concepts. However, a basic understanding of mathematics and a curious mind are beneficial in comprehending the concepts discussed in these books.