RL and CR circuit pulse train response

In summary, the speaker is struggling to understand pulse train response in RL and CR circuits and is seeking recommendations for further reading. They have a better understanding of LR and RC response and use the snapshot idea to obtain voltage equations, but still have difficulty finding a comprehensive explanation. They mention their textbook formulae for RC and LR circuits, but are confused when asked to calculate peak voltage for an RL or CR circuit. They are looking for any resources or assistance to clarify their understanding.
frixis
i'm having a LOT of trouble understanding pulse train response in RL and CR circuits... could someone please recommend a good reading over the internet...
i understand LR and RC response fairly better... and use the snapshot idea to get voltage equations etc... but its very confusing and i haven't been able to find a book that explains all this very well...
in our book they've given us Vh and Vl as the highest and lowest values and given formulae for that for RC and LR circuits... in terms of t,[tex]\tau[/tex] and Vm which is the voltage supplied...
and i sort of get that... but then they asked us to get the peak value for an RL / CR circuit in terms of [tex]\tau[/tex] , t and Vm and i was pretty much lost... i don't know wat I'm missing but..
is there any reading or anything or anyone who can help?? please

Engineering news on Phys.org
At 5RC the peak voltage on a capacitor approximates Vin.
If Vin is on less than 5RC just compute the time on the exponential that matches the length of the pulse to get the peak voltage.

I understand that you are having trouble understanding pulse train response in RL and CR circuits. It can be a complex topic, but with the right resources and understanding, you can grasp it better. I suggest starting with a thorough understanding of the basic concepts of RL and CR circuits, such as the components involved and their behavior in steady state and transient states.

Once you have a good understanding of these concepts, you can move on to understanding pulse trains and how they affect the behavior of RL and CR circuits. One useful resource for this is the book "Introduction to Electric Circuits" by Richard C. Dorf and James A. Svoboda. It provides a clear and comprehensive explanation of pulse train response in RL and CR circuits.

Another helpful resource is online tutorials and videos that explain the concepts visually. You can search for these on websites such as Khan Academy, Coursera, or YouTube.

Additionally, you can reach out to your professors or classmates for help and clarification. Sometimes having a discussion with others can help you understand the concepts better.

Remember, understanding pulse train response in RL and CR circuits takes time and practice. Don't get discouraged and continue seeking out resources and asking for help when needed. With persistence and effort, you will be able to grasp this topic and apply it in your studies and research.

What is an RL circuit?

An RL circuit is a type of electrical circuit that consists of a resistor (R) and an inductor (L) connected in series. It is used to control the flow of current in a circuit and is commonly found in electronic devices such as speakers, motors, and transformers.

What is a CR circuit?

A CR circuit is a type of electrical circuit that consists of a capacitor (C) and a resistor (R) connected in series. It is used to store electrical charge and is commonly found in electronic devices such as filters and timers.

What is pulse train response?

Pulse train response refers to the behavior of an RL or CR circuit when a series of pulses of varying amplitude and duration are applied. It describes how the circuit responds to these pulses and how the output voltage or current changes over time.

What factors affect the pulse train response of RL and CR circuits?

The pulse train response of RL and CR circuits is affected by several factors, including the values of the resistor, inductor, and capacitor, the frequency of the pulses, and the duration and amplitude of each pulse. The circuit's input impedance and the type of input signal can also impact the response.

What are some practical applications of RL and CR circuits?

RL and CR circuits have a wide range of practical applications, including in AC and DC power supplies, audio amplifiers, radio receivers, and filters. They are also used in electronic devices that require voltage regulation, energy storage, and signal processing.