Help with Physics: Tips for Studying and Mastering Physics

In summary, the individual is an EEN major taking a full load of courses including physics, Arabic, and business courses while working 22 hours a week. They are struggling with understanding the material in their physics classes, specifically magnetism and Faraday's equations. They question whether anyone else uses "masteringphysics.com" for online homework. The advice given is to consider dropping 1 or 2 courses and focusing on the remainder in order to excel and gain a better understanding of the material, rather than struggling to maintain average grades while working.
Lance WIlliam
Question about how to study physics; general question all input is allowed:)THANKS

Ok so I am a EEN major and while I know there are others with a lot harder course load I am taking...Vector Cal(252). university physics 2(242). arabic 2(112), and busniess course(business magt. is my minor)...and I work 22 hours a week...
Im having a HEck of a time understanding My physics classes chapters on magnetism and faraday's eqns...coulombs eqn's and other close related topics...
ANY TIPS?!?
Physics is the only classes that's really killing me...
and does anyone else use "masteringphysics.com" for online homeowrk? Its a pain...why can't cramster.com havemasteringphysics stuff on it...:(

Anyway...thanks for reading.

Physics news on Phys.org

If you're studying full time and working 22 hours a week, I think that is your problem.

What is an EEN major?

EEn is a major in Electronic Engineering

I can see your problem is that your taking a Full Load in a semester and working 22 hours is only going to make it worst. Have you ever considered doing part time? You're probably in the same position as I am (studying EE too) and have car payments, bills, pet food to buy, so money is really need, but if not then quit your job.

You should drop 1 or 2 courses, and just focus on the remainder. It is better to work for an A (taking less courses) than having struggle barely coming out alive with B - C grades and learning nothing from the course. Even if you did some how manage to pull through, the lack of depth and understanding in the material is going to come back and eat you later on when you're taking tougher courses that requires good level of math and physics involved.

1. How can I improve my understanding of complex physics concepts?

One of the best ways to improve your understanding of complex physics concepts is to actively engage with the material. This can include taking thorough notes, asking questions, and completing practice problems. Additionally, seeking out additional resources such as textbooks, online tutorials, or study groups can also help reinforce your understanding.

2. How important is it to have a strong math background for studying physics?

Having a strong math background is crucial for studying physics, as many physics concepts require a solid understanding of mathematical principles. It is recommended to have a strong foundation in algebra, geometry, and calculus before delving into more advanced physics topics.

3. How can I stay motivated while studying physics?

Staying motivated while studying physics can be challenging, but setting specific goals and breaking up study sessions into smaller, manageable chunks can help. Additionally, finding a study partner or joining a study group can provide accountability and make the studying process more enjoyable.

4. What are some effective study strategies for mastering physics?

Some effective study strategies for mastering physics include practicing problems regularly, creating flashcards for key terms and formulas, and using visual aids such as diagrams or graphs. It can also be helpful to review material regularly rather than cramming before exams.

5. How can I prepare for exams in my physics class?

To prepare for exams in your physics class, it is important to review material regularly and practice solving problems. Make sure to also go over any notes or assignments from class and clarify any areas of confusion. Additionally, getting a good night's sleep and eating a healthy breakfast can also help improve exam performance.