I Would like to know , it is about solenoid

• Thread starter Aksand
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Solenoid
In summary, the conversation is about finding the length of a solenoid in a magnetic field. The participants discuss various formulas and rules for calculating this, including a possible formula found in an Arabic physics book. One participant also shares a link to a resource that provides additional information on calculating the magnetic field in a solenoid.
Aksand
Hi,

is there any rule that we can use to find the The length of a solenoid in the magnetic field Questions??

Engineering news on Phys.org
I know some of these rules , but i am looking for an alone rule that can find the length with it

i have seen in an arabic physics book that the length of solenoid = 2*T*R*N

Where:
T= 22/7
R= Radius
N= number of the loops

is it right , or there is wrong with this rule?
if it is , then anyone could help me with another rule??

Does this help?

http://www.phys.uri.edu/~gerhard/PHY204/tsl215.pdf

Start with the the fact the magnetic field B inside an infinitely long solenoid of arbitrary radius is

B = 4 π x 10-7 nI Tesla

Where n = turns of wire per meter, and I is the current in amps.

Bob S

I know this rule too

i have seen a question talks about magnetic field , the question is solenoid inside a circuit inside two wires, it gives amps , turns , all the information that needed , but the length of solenoid is missed and needed to find it , and ifcousre find the Tesla in the center

1. What is a solenoid?

A solenoid is a coil of wire that carries an electric current and produces a magnetic field.

2. How does a solenoid work?

A solenoid works by converting electrical energy into mechanical energy. When an electric current flows through the coil, it creates a magnetic field that attracts or repels objects within the field, causing the solenoid to move.

3. What are the applications of solenoids?

Solenoids have a wide range of applications, including in electronic locks, valves, relays, and various types of electromagnetic actuators. They are also used in medical devices, automotive systems, and household appliances.

4. What factors affect the strength of a solenoid's magnetic field?

The strength of a solenoid's magnetic field is affected by the number of turns in the coil, the amount of current flowing through the coil, and the material used for the core of the solenoid. Increasing any of these factors will result in a stronger magnetic field.

5. Can solenoids be used to generate electricity?

Yes, solenoids can be used to generate electricity through a process called electromagnetic induction. When a magnet is moved through a solenoid, it creates a changing magnetic field, which induces an electric current in the wire. This is the principle behind generators and transformers.