Slow/Ultra Slow Motion and Thread suggestion

• Thread starter rhody
  • Start date
In summary, Rhody is suggesting that the slow motion thread be left as is for now, and that other threads be moved to a single post if they are ever to have a large number of links.
rhody
Gold Member
This thread may fall victim to the same fate as the Member Photo thread did. It is now being cleaned up by Mentors and members, thanks, Evo, MM, and anyone else who I may have missed by mistake.

To keep this from happening here how about this, give me permission to edit the first post, and to delete posts that have been consolidated there ? If anyone has a better idea, I am all ears. The idea being to keep things organized. Is it even possible given the tools built into the forum ? Comments on the posts would remain under the post at the top, there is a downside to this because you will not have a true linear thread layout, but in the interest of being organized, the tradeoff may be worth it.

Rhody...

Physics news on Phys.org
rhody said:
This thread may fall victim to the same fate as the Member Photo thread did. It is now being cleaned up by Mentors and members, thanks, Evo, MM, and anyone else who I may have missed by mistake.
No, we added pictures to the alphabetized thread, there is nothing wrong with the member photo thread and nothing is being done to it.

Evo said:
No, we added pictures to the alphabetized thread, there is nothing wrong with the member photo thread and nothing is being done to it.
Evo,

I understand, maybe I wasn't clear, if the slow motion thread has a long life and I hope it does, at some point it may become unwieldy. I thought it would be nice to have all the links in a single post or two.

My runway thread is a prime example that needs this treatment. There are probably one hundred or more links that could be organized into a single post. I don't mind doing it someday, and if you or another mentor would be so kind as to move it to be the first in the post order I would say the problem is solved, with little effort on your part. Does that work ?

Rhody...

rhody said:
Evo,

I understand, maybe I wasn't clear, if the slow motion thread has a long life and I hope it does, at some point it may become unwieldy. I thought it would be nice to have all the links in a single post or two.

My runway thread is a prime example that needs this treatment. There are probably one hundred or more links that could be organized into a single post. I don't mind doing it someday, and if you or another mentor would be so kind as to move it to be the first in the post order I would say the problem is solved, with little effort on your part. Does that work ?

Rhody...
No, we don't do that, take a look at the best songs thread, the caption competition thread, the youtube classic videos thread, etc...

Am I missing something here.. that thread has 12 posts? I think it's safe to leave it for now; people can read through a thread of several pages if they are interested.

1. What is slow/ultra slow motion?

Slow/ultra slow motion is a video recording technique in which the playback speed is reduced significantly compared to the normal speed of the recorded action. This creates the illusion of time slowing down and allows for a more detailed view of the action.

2. How is slow/ultra slow motion achieved?

Slow/ultra slow motion can be achieved through various methods such as increasing the frame rate of the video, using specialized cameras with high frame rates, or through post-processing techniques like interpolation.

3. What is the benefit of using slow/ultra slow motion in scientific research?

Slow/ultra slow motion allows for a more detailed analysis of fast-moving events, making it a valuable tool in scientific research. It can help in understanding the mechanics and dynamics of various phenomena and can also aid in identifying subtle changes or patterns that may not be visible at normal speeds.

4. What is thread suggestion in the context of slow/ultra slow motion?

Thread suggestion is a feature in some slow/ultra slow motion software that automatically detects and suggests potential points of interest in the video for further analysis. This can save time and effort in manually identifying important moments in the recording.

5. Are there any limitations to using slow/ultra slow motion in scientific research?

While slow/ultra slow motion can be a useful tool, it does have its limitations. Not all events can be captured in slow/ultra slow motion due to technical constraints. Additionally, the playback speed may affect the accuracy of the measurements, so it is important to carefully consider the appropriate speed for each specific research project.