Troubleshooting Linux Download Through Redhat's FTP Site

In summary, the conversation discusses the challenges of downloading Linux from FTP sites and the recommendation to use a program like Getright for broken downloads. There is also a suggestion to purchase a boxed set or create a custom Linux from scratch. The conversation ends with a humorous misunderstanding about building a Linux.
qwpoi
Hi guys,

I'm downloading linux through redhat's ftp site and from the time I went to bed last night --around 2am--- to the time I woke up this morning, 10 am, the progress meter has stayed at 93%. Now...is something wrong, or is it just being quirky and will all come eventually?

I'm on an ethernet connection..

Thanks

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I find that downloading linuxs distros from their ftp sites and mirrors for some reason to be untra unreliable too. I have never been happy with it. So I went out and bought mandrake 8.1 a year ago and have been happy with the cds.

Last edited:
If the sites support resume, you can use an application like Getright to recover a broken download.

I've dl a few linux OSs, you just have to try a few sites and see which one works best for you.

JMD

HAHA. For a second I thought you suggested I build my own linux. But I guess I'll just keep trying.

Thanks guys.

-betsy

1. What is the FTP site for Redhat Linux downloads?

The FTP site for Redhat Linux downloads is ftp.redhat.com.

2. How do I troubleshoot issues with downloading Linux from Redhat's FTP site?

To troubleshoot issues with downloading Linux from Redhat's FTP site, you can try clearing your browser's cache, using a different web browser, or checking your internet connection. You can also try downloading from a different mirror on the FTP site.

3. What should I do if I encounter an error while downloading Linux from Redhat's FTP site?

If you encounter an error while downloading Linux from Redhat's FTP site, you can try restarting the download, checking your internet connection, or contacting Redhat's technical support for assistance.

4. Is it possible to resume a failed download from Redhat's FTP site?

Yes, it is possible to resume a failed download from Redhat's FTP site. Most FTP clients have a resume feature that allows you to pick up where the download left off.

5. Can I download older versions of Redhat Linux from the FTP site?

Yes, you can download older versions of Redhat Linux from the FTP site by navigating to the appropriate directory for the version you need. However, it is recommended to use the latest version for security and compatibility reasons.