Modern women would be happier without feminism

• Thread starter plus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary, the conversation discusses the belief that modern women would be happier without feminism and would prefer to focus on family instead of careers. It also suggests that feminism is responsible for the transmission of STDs and that society would be better off without it. Additionally, it argues that feminism leads to women choosing the wrong partners and that this will ultimately decrease the average IQ in feminist-inspired countries. The conversation also touches on the idea that women should be the creators of life in a loving family, rather than sexual objects. However, these claims are countered with evidence that suggests otherwise, such as the lack of generality in the effects of cognitive treatments and the impact of electric lighting on brain growth.
plus
I think that most modern women would be happier without feminism. They would prefer to stay at home with children than out in an office staring at a computer screen. I am not against women having careers, but I think that it is better if the primary focus is on the family.
Feminism is responsible for the transmission of stds such as HIV.
Society certainly would be better off without feminism as there would not be such a large problem with the aging population.
Feminism leads to women choosing the wrong lovers/ husbands - choosing the bad guy who would make an irresponsible parent rather than a hard working man who would make an excellent parent, and would father a responsible member of society. I believe that this effect will cause the average IQ of the feminist inspired countries to decrease.
Women should be the creators of life in a loving family. Instead of the sexual objects to be used by fast talking creeps which many young women have become.

Physics news on Phys.org
plus said:

How so?

plus said:
Society certainly would be better off without feminism as there would not be such a large problem with the aging population.

What problem would that be? I thought you were just arguing that feminism was responsible for HIV transmission. Wouldn't that be effectively reducing the aging population?

plus said:
I believe that this effect will cause the average IQ of the feminist inspired countries to decrease.

In addition to the above objections, I'd like to add this : whaa... ? :confused:

How does staying at home provide an environment for intellectual stimulation, as opposed to going to school for a higher education, interacting with people at a workplace, facing the challenges of varied local or global problems, etc ? :uhh:

Please support your assertions with some unbiased evidence. :rolleyes:

Variance of g via animal breeding techniques vs variance of g via intellectual stim

Gokul43201 said:
plus said:
Feminism leads to women choosing the wrong lovers/ husbands... I believe that this effect will cause the average IQ of the feminist inspired countries to decrease.
How does staying at home provide an environment for intellectual stimulation
Perhaps it does not. In the United States of the 20th century, parental g, combined with ancestral g, has been found to be the single most powerful predictor of offspring g. Experimental variance in intellectual stimulation has so far been inconclusive with respect to variance in g.

The Milwaukee Project. Aside from Head Start, this is the most highly publicized of all intervention experiments. It was the most intensive and extensive educational intervention ever conducted for which the final results have been published. 55 It was also the most costly single experiment in the history of psychology and education--over $14 million. In terms of the highest peak of IQ gains for the seventeen children in the treatment condition (before the gains began to vanish), the cost was an estimated $23,000 per IQ point per child...

The study sample was divided into fairly equivalent treatment (T) and control (C) groups, each with twenty infants...

The T group, despite having a ten-point higher IQ than the C group, still performed in school very much like the C group. That is, both the T and C groups performed in school much as would be expected for children with an average IQ of eighty. The evident lack of generality, or broad transfer, of the effects of the T group's previous cognitive treatment indicates that the T-C gain in IQ was "hollow" with respect to g.
(Arthur Jensen. The g Factor. pp340-342.)

As far as a home environment possibly providing cognitive stimulation, electric lighting, as it is known to affect the pituitary gland, may affect brain growth:
The increased hours of exposure to electric lighting and television are also probably responsible for some part of the increased overall rate of maturation, via stimulation of the pineal gland--an effect that has been demonstrated experimentally in animals. 31
  • 31. Modern mass-production poultry farms make use of this phenomenon, by keeping chicks under bright electric lighting twenty-four hours a day, to hasten their rate of growth and the time needed to reach their maximum egg-laying capacity.
(Arthur Jensen. The g Factor. pp326, 346.)

plus said:
I think that most modern women would be happier without feminism. They would prefer to stay at home with children than out in an office staring at a computer screen. I am not against women having careers, but I think that it is better if the primary focus is on the family.
Feminism leads to women choosing the wrong lovers/ husbands - choosing the bad guy who would make an irresponsible parent rather than a hard working man who would make an excellent parent, and would father a responsible member of society. I believe that this effect will cause the average IQ of the feminist inspired countries to decrease.
Women should be the creators of life in a loving family. Instead of the sexual objects to be used by fast talking creeps which many young women have become.

:rofl: I presume the real author of this is Germaine Greer, trying to discredit any dissent against feminist dogma.

1. What is feminism?

Feminism is a social and political movement that advocates for the equality of all genders. It seeks to challenge and eliminate gender-based discrimination and promote the rights and opportunities of women.

2. Why do some people believe that modern women would be happier without feminism?

Some people believe that modern women would be happier without feminism because they may view feminism as a movement that has caused division and tension between genders. They may also believe that feminism has led to a decline in traditional gender roles and values.

3. What are some of the benefits of feminism for women?

Feminism has brought about many benefits for women, including the right to vote, access to education and employment opportunities, reproductive rights, and protection against gender-based violence. It has also led to increased representation and visibility of women in various industries and positions of power.

4. How has feminism impacted society as a whole?

Feminism has had a significant impact on society as a whole by challenging and changing societal norms and expectations surrounding gender. It has also brought attention to and addressed issues such as gender inequality, sexism, and discrimination. Feminism has helped create a more equal and inclusive society for all genders.

5. Is feminism still relevant in modern times?

Yes, feminism is still relevant in modern times. Although significant progress has been made in terms of gender equality, there are still many issues that need to be addressed. Women still face discrimination, harassment, and unequal treatment in various aspects of their lives. Feminism continues to strive for true equality and social justice for all genders.