Looking for a description of power loss in Latex tubing work in/power out

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of low efficiency in rubber band or tubing. A person is trying to explain the power loss and wasted energy in pulling back a latex tubing treated with UV protection. They are looking for words or a paragraph to describe how this brand is not as good as others due to the higher amount of energy required to pull it back compared to the energy it delivers. The term hysteresis is mentioned as a possible explanation for this inefficient performance.
silverdollar1
Looking for a description of low efficiency in Rubber band or Tubing

I am looking for a description of power loss in that you don't get out the work you put into pulling latex tubing.

I have some new latex tubing that is treated with UV protection and is super hard to pull from the very start yet yields no higher launch of my radio controlled glider than another brand. I am trying to explain this wasted energy in pulling it back in energy storage loss. I need words or a paragraph that describe how bad this is other than words "energy storage" that will explain how this brand is not as good as the previous one.

Its more pull to pull it back than it delivers?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think the word is hysteresis.

What is power loss in Latex tubing?

Power loss in Latex tubing refers to the decrease in the amount of power or energy that is transmitted through the tubing. This can occur due to a variety of factors, including the material properties of the tubing, the length and diameter of the tubing, and external influences such as temperature and pressure.

How does power loss in Latex tubing affect work in and power out?

The amount of power lost in Latex tubing can impact the efficiency and effectiveness of work in and power out processes. If there is significant power loss in the tubing, it can result in a decrease in the amount of power that is available for work in or a decrease in the amount of power that is transmitted during power out processes.

What are the main causes of power loss in Latex tubing?

The most common causes of power loss in Latex tubing include friction, heat loss, and leakage. Friction can occur between the tubing and the material it is carrying, resulting in a decrease in power transmitted. Heat loss can also occur, especially in longer tubing, which can decrease the power output. Leakage, which can be caused by cracks or holes in the tubing, can also contribute to power loss.

How can power loss in Latex tubing be reduced?

There are several ways to reduce power loss in Latex tubing. Using tubing with a larger diameter can decrease friction and reduce power loss. Additionally, using materials with lower coefficients of friction can also help reduce power loss. Proper insulation can also reduce heat loss and prevent power loss due to temperature changes.

What are the implications of power loss in Latex tubing for scientific experiments and processes?

Power loss in Latex tubing can have significant implications for scientific experiments and processes. It can result in inaccurate measurements, decreased efficiency, and unreliable data. It is important to carefully consider power loss and take steps to minimize it when using Latex tubing in scientific experiments and processes.