Hydraulic high pressure piping project

I hope someone here can help you.In summary, the person is seeking help with selecting and purchasing the correct material grade for a high pressure pipe for a hydraulic project. They have provided the following values: maximum pressure of 25,000 PSI, minimum inner diameter of 10-13 mm, thickness of at least 3mm, type of pipe (seamless or any), and temperature range of 1550-1850 degrees Fahrenheit. They are seeking assistance as they are not familiar with the necessary calculations and formulas for this task.
troversolomon
dear friend
i am hydraulic high pressure piping project. but i not aware of calculations and formulas
so can anyone tell me "how to select & buy a correct material grade for the high pressure pipe .

i know the values
1. max pressure with stand = 25,000 PSI
2.Minimum Inner Dia :10-13 mm
3.Thickness of the pipe or Tube=Not less than 3mm
4.type :seamless or any
5.1550-1850 degrees Fahrenheit
please help friends

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
troversolomon said:
dear friend
i am hydraulic high pressure piping project. but i not aware of calculations and formulas
so can anyone tell me "how to select & buy a correct material grade for the high pressure pipe .

i know the values
1. max pressure with stand = 25,000 PSI
2.Minimum Inner Dia :10-13 mm
3.Thickness of the pipe or Tube=Not less than 3mm
4.type :seamless or any
5.1550-1850 degrees Fahrenheit
please help friends

Welcome to the PF.

You are working on this project, but you don't know how to do the calculations? That sounds a bit dangerous...

1. What is a hydraulic high pressure piping project?

A hydraulic high pressure piping project is a project that involves designing, installing, and maintaining a system of pipes that are used to transport fluids at high pressures, typically above 1000 psi. This type of project is commonly used in industries such as oil and gas, chemical processing, and power generation.

2. Why is a hydraulic high pressure piping project important?

A hydraulic high pressure piping project is important because it allows for the safe and efficient transportation of fluids at high pressures. This is crucial in industries where the fluids being transported are hazardous or valuable. It also helps to minimize the risk of leaks and spills, which can have serious environmental and safety consequences.

3. What are the key components of a hydraulic high pressure piping system?

The key components of a hydraulic high pressure piping system include pipes, valves, fittings, pumps, and pressure regulators. These components work together to ensure the safe and efficient transport of fluids at high pressures. Other important components may include pressure gauges, flow meters, and control systems.

4. What are some common challenges in a hydraulic high pressure piping project?

Some common challenges in a hydraulic high pressure piping project include selecting the right materials for the pipes and fittings, ensuring proper installation to prevent leaks, and maintaining the system to prevent corrosion and other forms of damage. The high pressures involved also require careful design and engineering to ensure the system can withstand the stress.

5. What safety measures should be taken in a hydraulic high pressure piping project?

In a hydraulic high pressure piping project, it is important to follow all safety regulations and guidelines, such as those set by OSHA. Proper training and safety procedures should be implemented for anyone working with the system. Regular inspections and maintenance should also be conducted to ensure the system is functioning properly and to identify any potential safety hazards.