Can You Solve the Mind Boggling Water Trick?

• Thread starter basheer uddin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mind Water
In summary, the Mind Boggling Water Trick involves filling a glass with water and placing a card over the top, then flipping it over without the water spilling. This impressive trick is possible due to air pressure and surface tension, and can be explained using the principles of physics. With practice and precision, anyone can learn to successfully perform this mind-boggling trick.
basheer uddin
can anyone explain this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ctaA2mERzI

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's not adhesion, it's video editing.

Bandersnatch said:
It's not adhesion, it's video editing.

I am sorry! I didn't watch the whole video. I assumed he was going to do the same old trick of cardboard sticking to the glass rim upside down. I apologise again.

Adithyan said:
I am sorry! I didn't watch the whole video. I assumed he was going to do the same old trick of cardboard sticking to the glass rim upside down. I apologise again.

Can't you just watch it? He made the water stay like the shape of the glass after removing it.
It's pretty entertaining to watch

It's video editing, as Bandersnatch said, nothing else.

Adithyan said:
It's video editing, as Bandersnatch said, nothing else.

Yeah, he does not even touch it and it collapsed. But still it's pretty amazing to watch

Yes nice trick. How did he fake it? All video editing or Wet Jello?

The free standing water looks similar to the reflections and transparency by produced by a ray-tracing. And he just supper-imposed that figure onto the background of the room.

Since this is no longer a physics issue, it has been moved to the GD forum.

Zz.

Not trying to be insulting, but what I find mind boggling is that people actually think this is anything but video editing.
I mean, I could somewhat understand being tricked by this one:

(The part where he removes the paper)
But thinking the entire glass shaped column of water will stand up on its own? Come on.

Last edited by a moderator:
leroyjenkens said:
Not trying to be insulting, but what I find mind boggling is that people actually think this is anything but video editing.
Are you referring to me?
I don't believe this is super amazing physics. I said this is nice to watch(I have even written it in bold)
I know that this is videoshopped.

adjacent said:
Are you referring to me?
I don't believe this is super amazing physics. I said this is nice to watch(I have even written it in bold)
I know that this is videoshopped.

No, I can see you made it clear you didn't think it was actually real. I don't know why you'd think I was referring to you.

my mistake, I had recently seen too much of unbelievable physics phenomenon (like water boiling at zero degrees etc) and i thought this to be related to some physics principle which I didn't know.
any way thanks everyone for clearing my doubt.;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4vE_vpkr90

This is great to! I would give anything to make this a possibility.

1. How does the mind boggling water trick work?

The mind boggling water trick works due to the properties of surface tension and air pressure. When the glass is tilted, the surface tension of the water keeps it from spilling out. As the glass continues to be tilted, the air pressure inside the glass decreases, causing the water to flow out in a controlled stream.

2. Can anyone do the mind boggling water trick?

Yes, anyone can do the mind boggling water trick with a little bit of practice. It may take a few tries to get the tilt of the glass just right, but with some patience, anyone can master this trick.

3. Is there a specific type of glass or water needed for the mind boggling water trick?

No, any type of glass and water can be used for the mind boggling water trick. However, using a clear glass and colored water can make the trick more visually appealing.

4. Are there any safety concerns when performing the mind boggling water trick?

There are no safety concerns when performing the mind boggling water trick as long as the glass is not tilted too aggressively. It is important to be careful and not spill the water, but the trick itself is harmless.

5. Can the mind boggling water trick be performed with other liquids besides water?

Yes, the mind boggling water trick can be performed with other liquids that have similar properties to water, such as certain types of juices or even oil. However, the trick may not work as effectively with thicker or less viscous liquids.